Deal Makers

Things seemed to drastically change, during the day when Vincent showed up for work, it was like he was a changed man and many saw him in a different light. His voice played and anyone who heard him were drawn like moths to a flame, his viewers skyrocketed in a week as his success was rising. Sure, he still shared banter with Alastor but never took it too far as he let his voice do the talking. In the evening at the Tavern, Mimzy was stunned to see Vincent performing, the man looked amazing and his voice was magical, all the women fell for him. Business around the joint changed as well, the lack of souls within many beings was noted, spirits and shadows were restless as they all seemed to swirl around one man. Mr. Magne, he was charming and silver tongue, striking deals with many beings to grant them what they wished.

Witnessing one of his closes rivals suddenly rise to the top beside him was anything but pleasing to Alastor. It rattled the Radio Host to no end, the smile of his becoming strained whenever Vincent was around. The change in looks and his voice were no doubt the work of a being, most certainly a demon. But there was no possible way this strong force struck a deal with such a joke of a man! So why? Why was this demon willing to help Vincent of all people? Alastor had the desire to know, as well as murderous tendencies that were becoming difficult to refrain from. Normally, he would target individuals with a purpose. However, when it came to his rival he didn't much care if there was a true reason to kill him or not. He was climbing too high for the Radio Host's liking. Even if Alastor got caught, he wouldn't care. Vincent needed to die. So, his mind got to work.  He would plot out different ideas and scenarios while watching his rival perform commonly at the tavern, he had noticed the lack of souls around himself, each one missing told him that the Demon in town wasn't just bound to Vincent.  He was roaming free, doing as he pleased and in the end, Alastor knew this wasn't going to end well for anyone especially after he had signed that contract.  Thankfully, he didn't feel anything odd about the written paper but something told him it was safe enough which was why he did it, he was being careless in revealing what he knew and so he had to change tactics.  He had to play along with the charade long enough to catch them off guard, 

"Alastor, darling, how are you doing this evening?"  Mimzy came to serve him a drink while strutting herself in front of him, of course having no interest in the woman in such a way, he still humored her as she was a nice pawn to have on hand.

"Oh, I'm doing swell, listen, my Dear, I have a question for you.  Things seem to be picking up around here, and I just wanted you to know that you'll always be my favorite flapper girl Mimzy Dear," he leaned forward to reach for his chin, his smile widening as Mimzy blushed and giggled.

"Oh, you do know how to flatter a girl.  Something on your mind Sugar?"  Alastor gave a chuckle while turning to look towards the stage, telling her of such things like dark arts and summoning would be beyond her.  He had to play the pity card.

"It's just that, with Vincent getting so much exposure.  I suppose I have to up my game don't I?"  Mimzy tilted her head, looking at Vincent then back to Alastor she gave him a tender smile before reaching to hold his hand upon the counter.

"No matter what luck that man has got... you'll always be number one here, Sugar.  Alastor the Radio Host of the Century, you've brought many people in the world entertainment.  I believe you'll continue to shine brighter than anyone I know."  Alastor reached to hold her hand as well as running his fingers through her hair and giving her as many compliments that would make her cheeks flushed and she became this giggling thing before him, he had to keep her in high spirits.

"Listen to me Mimzy, things here might not be as they seem.  I want you to watch out for anything out of the ordinary, for now, I have to go so you take care Darling~"  As Alastor left, Mimzy sighed sadly as she wished the gentleman would give her the time of day, what more did she have to do to get him to see her, to see how she truly felt.  Mimzy only thought of herself and the desire to have a man like Alastor be hers, sure she was a flapper girl and out of his league but her desperation called to another and that evening as she was closing up, she'd turn to nearly jump out of her skin as Mr. Magne stood behind her.