One-Shot - LallaLauren

Awesome One-shot by Lauren! You can see her as a new character in Love Me Always, the sequel to this book. You can vote here or head over to her profile and vote on her one-shot there as well. I recommend doing both cause your so awesome :3

_______________________________________________________

*Oliver's P.O.V.*

"Be careful, please?" Ever whispered as she stared into my eyes.

I gave her a wry smile in reply and chuckled. "Don't tell me you're worried, Ever." I teased.

Ever pursed her beautiful lips. Oh how I wish I could just lean in and kiss her, before I could make a move, she started to talk. "Well, I'd rather not see anymore blood. It makes me queezy." she said while she was crossing her arms. I noticed that she seemed to be embarrassed, and like she was thinking of something else. I could easily read her like an open book and realized she was worried about me getting hurt.

I reached up to take her face to make her look at me. "Thank you for worrying about me, but I'll be okay." I said. As soon as I said that, I kissed her nose, wishing it was her lips, but I couldn't do that. It would show that I cared about her, and if I cared about anyone, that could be used against me as a weakness. So, I turned abruptly and got into the cage to fight that slimeball, Jason.

As usual, the door was locked with chains. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Ever looking worried, I wish I could just take her away from all of this, but this had to be done so I could get more territory and I really wanted to kick Jason's a*s for threatening Ever.

Think of the a*s muffin, I saw Jason jump over the rail with an amused expression on his face. I moved to the right, and Jason, in turn, moved to the left. We circled until Jason was right in front of Ever. I saw him turn to wink at her. Jealousy had started to rise up in me and it only intensified when I heard Jason sneer to her, "When I beat your boyfriend, I'll be back over there to take you home with me." Realizing that Jason was off-guard and that I was beyond pissed off at him, I lunged for the jerk. Sadly, he picked his head up in time for him to see me charging at him and barely dodged me, with my fist barely grazing his cheek. Thankfully, I caused Jason to stumble a little, but he quickly recovered, and stepped up towards me, trying to throw what seemed to be an attempt of a powerful punch to my head. Of course, I was easily able to dodge his lame attempt of a punch, and dived down to grab Jason's arm while kicking his feet out from underneath him. I got Jason down, but from prior experience, I knew he wouldn't stay down for long, so I quickly went to kick him, but Jason was too fast. Before I knew it, Jason dodged my kick and was up on his feet with a punch aimed at me. I dodged the punch and grabbed Jason's hand and the back of his head, while bringing my knee up and hitting Jason in the face. By now, he was kneeling, with blood running down his face from his busted lip.

I heard Ever gasp and yell my name, and at the same time, Jason got up and lunged for me. I saw a glint of silver and realized that he brought a knife to the fight. I couldn't believe I didn't bring any weapons in to the match, knowing that Jason always had a stupid little party trick up his sleeve. I jumped out of Jason's way, but I was too slow, and Jason cut a large gash across my chest. It might not have been a deathly cut, but it hurt like hell! I clutched my chest and hissed in pain.

After a few moments, the pain was less severe, so I dropped my hand from my, now bloodied, shirt and dropped into a fighting stance. I saw the bastard sneer at me as he shifted his knife around in his hand.

Jason lunged at me, and I dodged. I decided to stick to my usual fighting tactic of letting my opponent get tired before I attacked them.I saw Jason looking over at his gang, and as he lunged at me again, I turned around so I could see his gang. I realized that they split up into two groups. One going around the right of the ring, another going around the left of the ring. I quickly dismissed anything about Jason's gang as he charged full-force at me, with his knife aimed at my arm. I dodged and before Jason knew what I was doing, I grabbed his hand that had the knife in it and yanked the knife away. Jason saw what I was doing, however, and kicked my legs out from underneath me. I gasped in surprise and let go of the knife, letting it slide to the end of the cage and fall out.

Finally, I thought to myself, a fair fight again. That was when I realized that both of our gangs were fighting each other. That dirty, low-life thunder-c*** I thought to myself as I realized that the knife was a distraction for me so that his gang could take Ever. Quickly, I got away from Jason and got up. As soon as Jason sprang up, I charged at him. Jason barely dodged my flying body, but he didn't dodge my fist that I sent flying at his stomach. I knocked the wind out of him and continued to attack him, while sending worried looks to Ever, who was currently being carted away by Aaron.

That was when I realized that Jason was out of the cage, and that the door was wide open. After I got out of the cage, I grabbed a bat and started to take on the members of Jason's gang. I was easily able to knock out about 3 members and was about to knock out a fourth when I heard scream that could only be Ever's. I ran away from the guy I was fighting towards where I heard Ever's scream. When I found Ever, she was laying on the ground with Jake by her side and an unconcious Aaron a few meters away.

I ran to Ever's side and gently picked her up, while still trying to hurry up and get the hell out of the area. Jake was right behind me as I hurried to get back to the bikes. I swung my leg over the bike, feeling Ever cringe. I'm pretty sure she might have a broken rib, and I'm pretty sure she might have a concussion. I set Ever down in front of me and before anyone could realize who was leaving, I peeled out of the arena. Thankfully, the idiots who guarded the gate left it open, so I easily was able to get away without being noticed.

I finally decided to voice one of the many thoughts running around in my head like chickens with their head cut off. "I'm sorry I brought you there. It was a bad idea."

"You didn't know this was going to happen." Ever tried to reassure me. However, I should have seen it coming. My jaw clenched at the thought of Jason getting to Ever. I hadn't realized how tense I had gotten until Ever pressed her lips to my throat. I jumped, and relaxed when I glanced at Ever and saw her beautiful face.

"What was that for?" I asked her.

"So you know it's not your fault. I'm okay." Ever told me.

I glanced down at her, giving her a hard look. "You're not okay. I could hardly lift you without you cringing. You're in pain." I turned back to the road, glaring. " I wouldn't be surprised if your ribs were broken."  I decided to not talk anymore, seeing as I was still seething with rage at Jason, and I didn't want to snap at Ever. 

After a little while, Ever dozed off, still holding onto my neck. When I got to the house, I gently picked her up and carried her inside the house. When I got to my room, I gently laid Ever on my bed, and quickly checked her over. It seemed as though her ribs were only bruised, thankfully, and it seemed as though Ever didn't have any major injuries. 

After checking on Ever's injuries, I went into the bathroom and changed into my boxers, and climbed into bed next to Ever. Cuddling with her, I protectively, yet gently, put my arm around Ever. Within moments, I was fast asleep.