TAP Web Mystery #1: Closing in on the Cash (Part 1)

Help Us Write Amanda’s Story!

We set up www.theamandaproject.com to find other people who knew Amanda so that we can all discover more about who she was, why she disappeared, and together write the mystery of her life. Now, we need YOUR help here at Wattpad!

In addition to Callie’s chronicle of what happened (Book One, written by the incredible Melissa Kantor), there are a million stories about Amanda waiting to be told. We’re going to be posting some developing mysteries here, looking for anything and everything you can add. Leave comments with your thoughts below!

Haven’t starting reading Book One yet? Start now! Then join the story below :)

http://www.wattpad.com/920280-the-amanda-project-book-one

--

TAP Web Mystery #1: Closing in on the Cash (Part 1)

There has been a ton of speculation on www.theamandaproject.com about how Amanda got the $2500 she gave to Callie. So we’ve taken all of the ideas posted so far, combined what we know about Amanda and have narrowed it down to three, $2500-dollar producing scenarios:

1. Amanda collected keys. Lots and lots of keys. Maybe one of them went to a safety deposit box that she kept and she generously gave Callie some of her savings? Of course this assumes she had some serious savings. We know people might say, “What if it was a key to someone else’s safety deposit box and Amanda broke in and stole the money,” but seriously—Amanda was no thief—almost all of us agree on that one. She was a lot of things, but criminal wasn’t one of them.

2. Amanda was always talking about her vintage shopping and how she’d come across crazy things at thrift stores or flea markets that were incredibly valuable. We always assumed she meant some kind of metaphorical worth that wasn’t really worth a dime, but maybe she was being literal. Could she have found Jackie Kennedy’s forgotten pillbox hat and sold it for a bajillion dollars?

3. Amanda was a superstar writer. (Um, helllloooo infamous exposes for our school paper The Spirit that got her in tons of trouble??) Maybe she wrote a masterpiece and sold it. Or maybe she landed a show in some gallery in New York for her collages or found object art, and some mysterious foreign tycoon bought up all the pieces in one fell swoop. We could definitely see that happening.

HELP. We have to solve this once and for all.

Which scenario sounds the most Amanda?