𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒

What I once treasured is now a memory, a shadow lingering in the depths of my mind. It's a strange thing to lose something which you once had, like a limb torn from your body without the chance to save it. She was gone, and I was alone.❞

Chapter Thirty,
The Day Will Come When You Won't Be

Chapter Thirty,The Day Will Come When You Won't Be

NEGAN's screams pierced the air as Alli's body tumbled down. His howls weren't directed at Chloe, Logan, or Rick this time; they were for one of his men—the man who fired the fatal bullet.

In that chaotic moment, where no one was able to process what had happened, time seemed to slow down for Chloe. Her mind receded into a stagnant state, finally shutting itself down just as Rick and Maggie reached for her, preventing her body from crashing onto the unforgiving ground.

Red. 

For Logan, everything turned red. It was the red of Alli's blood that splattered all over his face. The fury also turned his world red, blurring his vision and sending his brain into overdrive. Memories weighed him down, but instead of breaking, his heart turned ice-cold, and his mind embraced the rage, taking complete control.

"YOU KILLED HER!" An angry punch collided with Negan's face as his men struggled to hold Logan back.

"HOW DARE YOU?" Negan's screams continued, piercing the chaotic scene as he pounded the bat against the floor.

The men mercilessly beat Logan, each blow harder than the last, knocking the air out of his lungs.

"That shit happened because of acts like that! It's time for you people to learn," Negan shouted.

With a motion from his hand, Logan was carried away by two men.

Adam was still in shock. His brain failing to process the loss of his sister as he stared at her limp body. He looked back at Chloe who was unconscious hoping he could walk right to her, and make her feel alright.