54

Cody POV
1/9/15
Today was kinda quiet around here. The new year feeling was beginning to wear off. Most of the tv shows were still on pause for the "winter break".
"What do you want to do Grace?" I asked.
"Anything fun," she replied.
"Anything?"
"Anything."
"Wait right here," I told her.
"Okay," she laughed. It didn't really matter, she was only supposed to walk in her physical therapy.
I ran down the hall to Emma's room because I knew that's where James would be too.. Emma has been giving me the cold shoulder lately.
"Hey guys."
"Hi, Cody," James waved with a bandaged arm. He winced in pain.
"What happened there, James?" I asked.
"Oh, just a scratch," he waved off nonchalantly.
"Okay. Well, I was coming to tell you guys that we are playing hide and seek. You guys should hide because I'm it."
They both ran off down the hallway to hide.
I told Grace what we were doing.
"Are you it?" She asked.
"Yeah."
"Then let the game begin," she giggled.
I closed my eyes and counted to ten.
After searching for ten minutes I found James in a closet.
"Got cha. Let's go!" I told him.
"Damn it."
We found Emma behind a potted plant.
"Haven't found Grace yet?" she said.
"Nope," I said.
We walked down the hallways looking in every room, closet, and cupboard, but we couldn't find her. As we were about turn a corner we heard her breathing.
"Shh," I motioned to them.
I jumped out from the hallway.
We found Grace on the floor. She was curled up in a ball. Her eyes were closed but I still heard her breathing.
"Grace?" I shrieked as I sunk next to her. Emma ran away to get a nurse as I cried on top of her. "Grace. Come on."
The nurses came racing down the hall with a gurney.
As they were lifting her up, I held her cold hand.
"Grace, you're going to be okay. Okay? Be strong!" I yelled as they whisked her away.