two

later that night in your dorm

y/n- hey nick! nice move with ur number earlier haha
nick- hey! yeah that's my signature move ;)
y/n- was that a winky face that i saw 👀
nick- maybe?
y/n- so wyd rn?
nick- i'm streaming with some friends
y/n- oh sorry i'll go so i don't interrupt your stream
nick- no no! it's totally fine. we were just messing around and i have time to talk :)
y/n- haha cool. so what r u guys playin?
nick- minecraft haha
y/n- should've know :)
y/n- well i'm gonna go so i can get some sleep. it's gettin pretty late. talk to you tomorrow maybe :)
nick- alright see ya later!!

i shut my phone off and set it on my charger on my nightstand. i shut off my lamp and rolled onto my side. all i could think about was him.

'he doesn't feel that way. we are just friends' i thought to myself as i tried to fall asleep. i shut my eyes and soon drifted into a deep sleep.

nick's pov

"sapnap! c'mon we gotta go if we're gonna win this!" i heard george yell.

i shut off my phone and set it down quickly.

"i'm goin! i'm goin!" i say back as i start sprinting along behind george and clay.

"what were you doing anyways?" clay asked me.

"oh uhh n-nothing." i say trying to concentrate on the game.

but all i could think about was her.

your pov

the next morning, i woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating. i picked it up and looked at it. it was a text from nick.

nick- hey y/n! wanna meet me at the coffee shop down the street in half and hour?
y/n- absolutely! see u there!

i shut my phone off and got up to take a shower. i grabbed my favorite jeans, a champion t-shirt, and walked to the bathroom.

after my shower, i brushed my hair and got dressed. i threw on some quick eyeliner and mascara, put on my shoes, and grabbed my phone and my keys. i walked out of the door. as i was walking down the hall, i heard a door close and some footsteps behind me. i turned around to see nick walking behind me.

"hey nick! how's it going?" i asked.

"pretty good. i was just on my way to the coffee shop." he said.

"i figured." i said with a laugh.

on the way there, we talked about his stream and about playing minecraft with his friends. he asked me if i slept well last night and i said yes. he asked me about my minecraft playing and i told him about my house i built and all my dog's names.

when we arrived at the coffee shop, we walked in and asked for a table for two. the waitress took us back and sat us down. she asked us what we wanted. i ordered a medium iced coffee and nick got a chocolate milk.

"chocolate milk?" i said with a small giggle.

"yeah. i've never really been much of a coffee drinker."

about 5 minutes later, the waitress came back with our drinks and asked for our food orders. i got a cherry strudel and nick got a pastry. we sat and talked some more about odd end things and ate and drank our coffee. pretty soon, the waitress came back with our check. she sat it down on the table and nick and i reached for it at the same time. we touched hands and looked up at each other. nick's face was red but he quickly looked away from me and scratched the back of his neck.

"sorry." i said. i reached for the bill again.

"no, don't worry about it. i'll get it." he said as he slid the bill over to him.

"atleast let me-" i started to say.

"no, seriously. i've got it." he said while looking me directly in my eyes.

"o-ok then. thank you." i said with a smile.

"don't worry about it." he said.

pretty soon, we left and walked back to the dorms. we got to my door and i started to get my keys out.

"hey, uh, do you think... y-you'd want to come over for a bit? to my dorm? i mean, only if you want to." he asked.

"i'd love to." i said with a smile.

a/n
hope you guys liked this chapter!

word count: 760 words