Version 1

AN: Hi everyone, this is a story that I've just wrote for my Humanities project, that will be handed in tomorrow. The two names are Hinduism because that is what we have to include in our story. It needs to have the principles of Hinduism. I think it does but oh, well :P It's not a religous belief story anyways… The only thing that is Hinduism are the two character's names. This is not the most interesting story in the world but it is short and has a meaning behind it. Hope you all like it. I would not say that this is one of my good works because we could only write a maximum of 500 words but if nessasry, 530 words. In this, its about 100 more wrods taht what it's supposed to be so it may be better than what I am going to/handed in. Please comment and tell me what you think of it. Thank You!

Radha was a truthful, kind, humble, obedient and intelligent young girl. She was popular amongst the people of the village. She would help everyone in everyway she could. Everyone was nice to her because she was nice to them. There was one boy though; his name was Kacha. He was never kind to Radha. Though she would be kind and show respect to him countless times, Kacha would always insult, blame and make fun of Radha. Over and over again, Radha would ignore and forgive Kacha’s bad deeds to her. Patients and forgiveness can only go so far. Soon, Radha might not be as kind to forgiving all the errors and fixing it.

Radha awoke one day with the smell of damp soil and wet grass in the air.

Looking out she saw the wet, soft and muddy ground that was caused by the heavy rainfall the night before. She was surprised that she slept through it for she was usually a light sleeper. The ground was slippery and sticky and quick drying mud would be stuck on the person’s feet or shoes when walking. The rain was really bad the night before. The wind was blowing strong and loud, causing trees to hit windows violently and the rain was heavily pouring down.

Without hesitation, Radha quickly got dresses so that she could go out to the well get clean water for her and her father. Slowly and carefully, Radha took the stroll to the well swinging her bucket forward and backward. When Radha arrived at the well, she slowly let her bucket down when all of a sudden it slipped out of her hands. Just at the last minute, she caught the rope. Out of the blue, she heard an usual sound coming from the well. Carefully looking peering over the walls of the well, being careful not to fall in, Radha looked down the long, wet and somewhat dark well. Realising that her bucket had hit a person, she gasped. Not just any person, but Kacha.

"Ow! Hello? Help me! I’m stuck down here!” Kacha shouted.

Frowning and thinking of all the times that her kindness towards him was unseen, Radha decided to teach Kacha a lesson by leaving him in the well for a day.

“I’m sorry Kacha. I will not get you out of the well today. Maybe tomorrow or when I feel like it. You must understand not to take my kindness for granted. Everything has its own limits. Goodbye Kacha.” Reeling up her bucket from the well, Radha left the well with an empty bucket.

Keeping her word, Radha went back to the well the next morning, with a rope and a bucket this time. Arriving at the well in a few short minutes, Radha carefully let the rope down into the well.

“Kacha, are you there?” Radha asked in a smooth soft voice.

“Radha? Is that you? I’m so sorry for all the times where I had mistreated you and ignored your kindness and respect for me. Taking your kind nature for granted. I promise to change for the good. You have my word. Can you please do me a favour of getting me out of this well? Please?” Kacha replied back sincerely apologising, and desperately wanting to get out of the well.

Radha replied back to Kacha “Since you have understood your mistake, I shall forgive you once again. Have you not noticed though, that the rope has already been let down? Even though you did not see that the rope was down, you still apologised. This showed that you were truly sincere.”

Katcha climbed out of the well quickly and gave Radha a quick swift hug as soon as he was out of the well. Katcha left spreading the kind deed that Radha had just done. Getting her bucket filled with water, Radha left.