CHAPTER EIGHTEEN- the pups debut✔️

Tonight is the first full moon since the babies were born. Even though they have been seen by many of the pack they have not officially been announced to the pack.

Then two weeks ago the last  of the Wounded Warriors were released. Tonight also kicks off the the week of the mate competition. We have had mateless wolves arriving from all over the world. We did something no competition has ever done before.  Everyone who is coming for mates must spray scent be gone before they enter 100 miles of the pack.

I will be wearing scent begone for the entire competitio. I am not ready for a second chance mate. Yet by tradition since our pack is hosting the event and I am the highest ranking mateless wolf, I have to be hostess for all mateless  events. In the invitation letters that was explained to all the alphas so they could share it with their  single guys. That I am exempt from the event. There is a law that gives me one full year from these events since I am a recent widow and new mother.

The young pups are all sleeping at my house right now. They will be spending the night at my place tonight. The parents brought over everything. Plus we loaded up the new 6 passenger stroller I bought. It has diapers at the bottom and we placed 2 bottles in each bag. We went ahead and color coded the pups. Their clothes match their seats. This way we would not have to reset their straps every time they got in and out of stroller.

At 2:15 Sophia, Lucinda and I dressed the pups

At 2:15 Sophia, Lucinda and I dressed the pups.  Then we headed over the amphitheater.  The meet and greet was at 3:00. I found it amusing pushing around the pups. We had many leaders from various packs here.  I had one Elder tell  me, "you should talk to your mate about birth control."

Her alpha looked at her and said, "Memaw you need to stop. He turned toward me and said, I am sorry for my memaw  lack of respect Meredith. I am Alpha Garrett Butler from Moon Valley and I think she just says stuff like that just to get a reaction. I know she was told about you."

"It is fine. She did not up set me, she reminded me of my grandmother. It was a pleasure seeing you. I need to get the pups up front now. Maybe I will see you later." She nods her head in respect to him and walks away toward the stage.

He looked at me and said, "how about adding me to your dance card at the ball?"

As I walked away I turned toward him, "will place you in third place unless you find your mate. My escort unless he finds his mate gets dance one and my dad gets dance two." I then walk toward the stage. Izzy and Ana take Selena and Serena. I pick up Bryant and walk behind the curtain. My brothers or sister-in-paws pick up their pups.

We were chit chatting when we heard a quiet male voice of authority say, "Good afternoon. Many of you may not know me because the last time I was seen out here was the blessing of your third in command 19 years ago. Only those who come to my house for prayers or blessing will recognize my voice. I am Seer Zelig Bennett and I live on the border where 3 packs use to come together. Now it is two packs, but I have seen the future that it it will one day be four packs.