25. Tom Morvolo Riddle

"Well" I nudge Harry gently with my shoulder "go on then. Make it open."

My brother looks back at me with fearful eyes "how am I supposed to do that?"

We stare up at the large circle door in front of us, metallic snakes lay in the centre of it positioned in a way that makes it seem like they are alive.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath as I try to calm myself down. I open my eyes back up and the little light in the tunnel hits one of the large snakes in front of me in such a way it seems to move. Focusing on this life-like snake I whisper.

"Open."

Slowly a large metallic snake clicks into place and circles the door causing each one of the other snakes to move back into the centre. The snake finally completes the circle and a large grinding sound fills my ears as the door swings open.

Harry grabs my hand once again "nice work Ang."

I shakily smile at my brother as we step through the door together. As soon as our feet touch the floor beyond the door torches flicker to life around us. Unlike before where we seemed to be standing in pipes this time a large marble chamber surrounds us. The walls are lined with large circles that upon second reflection I realise are actually large pipe entrances. My eyes immediately land on the giant 3-D marble face that takes up the entirety of the back wall.

Harry however is focusing on something else "GINNY!"

He rips his hand from mine as he runs towards the small girls unmoving body which lays at the very end of the pathway from us.

I run after my brother feeling uncertain as to what is happening, Harry collapses on the floor next to Ginny as his wand rolls away from him. Harry is shaking the small girl and trying to get her to respond.

I stare at my brother feeling sick at the thought that we are too late when suddenly a voice echoes around us confirming my thoughts.

"You're too late."

I spin around and reach for my wand, Harry stands up besides me quickly as we both watch the figure walking towards us from the shadows.

A pale boy who has to be around seventeen years old walks slowly towards us smiling in a cold way. Harry let's out a breath of relief.

"Thank Merlin you are here Tom. Help me save her please." Harry begs as he bends down besides Ginny again.

I continue to stare at the boy in front of me curious as to how Harry knows him. The boy simply ignores me though as he smiles that cold smile at Harry again "I can't do that I'm afraid Harry."

My eyes land on my brothers wand which is spinning between the long fingers of the mystery boy in front of me.

Harry stops shaking Ginny and again stands besides me "what? What are you talking about Tom? She's still breathing we have time."

The boy called Tom shakes his head "no Harry it is too late. Every second that poor Ginny there continues to fade away is a second for myself to grow stronger."

I gasp loudly as I grab onto Harry's arm "what are you talking about? What are you doing to her you maniac?"

The boy glances at me and I'm sure that I see his expression soften for a fraction of a second. He begins to open his mouth to speak to me when he suddenly stops.

He looks away from me and back towards Harry as his eyebrows draw together again into a frown "it's quite simple Harry. Poor little Ginny Weasley began the process the day she started to write in my diary, pouring her heart out about the fact that she has no friends blah blah blah" the boy rolls his eyes as he glares at Ginny's lifeless body "for months I had to reply back pretending to be interested in her incessant complaining. That is until she mentioned you, Harry. That's the day I finally became interested in what the sad little girl had to say. It was easy enough to convince her to do a few things here and there for me, tell me about you and all about your amazing life story.