01:59

Fresia Monique

They say love pursues but it pursues blindly, without end. You'll do anything to get it, even if it costs you everything. No matter how long, you'll stay there. He asked me to wait, so I did.

Five years.

It has already been five years. The girls and I already made it through college. I'm now working as an engineer at Seafront, though my mom is still the president of the company. She made it too, without my dad.

I already forgave my dad, he tried to get us back and be make our family whole again but my mom refused, and I did too. As much as I want us to be a complete family, I'd never allow my mom to go through that pain again. If he could do it once, he can do it again.

I don't know my dad's reasons in cheating, but whatever his reason is, I'd never accept it. Kahit saang anggulo mo 'yon tingnan, mali pa rin. Fall out of love? Not satisfied in the relationship? Temptation? Para may thrill ang relasyon kaya kumuha ng kabit? Are those reasons enough to validate cheating? No.

All I could do now is forgive, I don't want to keep grudges. Ridge is right, I deserve my own peace. And I could never achieve that if I didn't forgive my dad. I love him still, he's my father after all but I just wish it didn't happen. I wish he never cheated.

There's never a day where I don't see my mom cry. I've seen her ripping our family pictures to pieces, get drunk everyday. Even me, her daughter, can't stop her. It feels like the world has already turned its back to us, no hope, no love left, no anything.

It must've been so painful for my mom. Imagine questioning your worth because a man cheated on you. Where did they find the reason to cheat? I've seen her screaming and crying in her bedroom.

At that time, I feel like I really just wanted to shut down, to get away from everything. But mom doesn't have anyone, except me. I can't give up on her.

Maya and Elli have been with me since day one. They helped me catch up with my studies while I was absent for taking care of my mom. Ridge helped me a lot too, but I have to let him go eventually.

I know it's unfair to Ridge, he doesn't have any intention but to support and help me get through everything. But my problems were already affecting him, he failed in class. It didn't happen to him before I got in the picture so maybe I was the problem. My pain and problems are so overwhelming, I'm worried I might drown everyone else in my life. I don't want that to happen so I pushed him away.

After he gave me Pinka, I lost connection to him. I found out he changed his number, I don't want him to chat on messenger too. It was good that he's avoiding me. I don't want him to be involved in my problems anymore.

I'm still in contact with Theo though. He told me that Ridge's grandparents cut his allowance for the whole year because of a failing grade. Good thing Ridge saved a lot of money for the past years so he wasn't affected as much.

Ridge graduated as the class valedictorian and as Magna Cum Laude too! I was more than proud for what he have achieved. He promised to be someone I will be proud of, but he gave me more than that.

When he graduated, mom immediately offered him a position in Seafront but he politely declined the offer. I thought it's because of me, that he didn't want to have any connection with me that's why he declined. I figured he wouldn't want me to wait anymore, but then I found out that he's slowly building his own empire. His company is even one of the top competitors of Seafront in the hotel and resorts industry.