Play Along. (Niall Horan Fanfic)

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THIS IS A FAN FICTION. IN OTHER WORDS, COMPLETELY MADE UP. EVERY CHARACTER IN THIS STORY IS FAKE, EXCEPT FOR THE WANTED AND ONE DIRECTION. I DO NOT OWN THEM OR ASSOCIATED WITH THEM IN ANY WAY. (But I wish) 

ALSO, PLEASE DO NOT STEAL MY PLOT, CHARACTERS, DIALOGUE, OR ANYTHING. THANK YOU.

Dedicating to @secrettt1_23 for the amazing cover. Definitely fan her! :)

PROLOGUE.

~

Daisy Sykes

I won. I really won X-Factor. I wasn't in second place or third, but first. I smiled crookedly.

I saw Nathan struggling to get out of some security guards grip. My knees became weak and my brother started to become a blur. My eyes were starting to water up. I really won.

Suddenly I felt two arms wrap around me and spun me around. Everyone's suspicions would finally be answered that Nathan was actually my brother. During the competition we denied we were related. He would just say he was a fan and the boys did as well.

I wanted to win on my own, not because I was Nathan's little sister, and I did.

"You won Daisy!" He whispered and kissed my cheek. I felt my breathing starting to constrict as other arms wrapped around us, becoming a group hug. Siva, Max, Tom, and Jay had joined in on our happiness.

"Little Sykes won!" I heard Jay say and we all laughed. Suddenly I started crying and the boys began teasing me. After awhile I blacked out.

*

"Daisy? You awake?" I heard Jay say. My eyes fluttered open and I saw Jay leaning over me with a lifted eyebrow. I pushed him away and sat up.

"Daisy!" The rest of the boys squealed as they came into the room. I think we were backstage.

"What happened?" I rubbed my eyes that had dried tears around them and then I remembered. I jumped off the couch and tackled Nath into a hug.

"You won!" Siva said and we all cheered.

"And all on your own too!" Tom said ruffling my hair.

"I can't believe I really won." I unwrapped my arms from Nathan and stood there in the middle of all the boys, getting emotional again.

"Don't cry again ya baby!" Max said punching my shoulder playfully.

"Oh shut up." I blinked rapidly stopping any tears from slipping out. I heard someone cough loudly.

It was Cynthia, my manager. I can't really say much about her because we only spoke about work. Nothing else. I don't even think she likes me.

"Daisy, can I speak to you? Privately?" The boys all shuffled out the room leaving Cynthia and I alone.

"Yea?" I plopped myself onto the couch looking up at her.

"Well first of all, congratulations. Very proud. Second of all, well. We'll be leaving in a few days to America to your boyfriend, Niall." She said that uncomfortably.

"Neil? Who the heck is that? And what do you mean girlfriend?"

"Niall, not Neil."

"Neil?"

"Niall."

"Neil?"

"Niall."

"Niall?"

"Yes Daisy, Niall." She was annoyed, but she always is. Like she didn't even want this job in the first place.

"I can't even pronounce the guys name right, so why am I his girlfriend? I don't want to be."

"Well this isn't your choice. This has been arranged and you will be doing it." Her tone was harsh.

This was what Nathan was talking about. He said management ends up controlling ninety five percent of your life. I thought he was just joking, obviously not.

"I, uh, but why?"

"You're a great singer and all, but you don't have the sufficient publicity. You just have the UK, a tad of America, and that's about it. That won't get your songs to the top of the charts. So since Niall is part of One Direction, they are very well known worldwide, it will help you very much by dating him." She said that all in one breath and didn't look exhausted by it.

Wait, One Direction? That sounded so familiar. I don't remember who kept talking about them. They weren't any good remarks either.

"Well, ok?"

"Well that's all. Pack a suitcase. I'll send you details when we'll be leaving." With that she turned on her heel and left. The boys then all piled in and just stared at me.

"What?"

"You're going to date Niall Horan?" Nathan said breaking the silence.

"Were you guys eavesdropping? How rude!" I joked, but they didn't laugh. Didn't even crack a smile, any of them.

"Just answer the question Sykes." Max said coldly. Why did they care so much?

"Yea, Cynthia said I will be dating him." I looked at them confused. They groaned and shook their heads. "What?"

"We don't really get along. Well actually mostly Max and Zayn, a member of their band." Jay said rubbing his neck.

Oh, so that was One Direction and Max was the one with the rude remarks.

Well then, what a fun adventure this will be.