Chapter Ten

~Levy~

I wasn't sure how that heart monitor didn't catch how hard my heart was beating. Gajeel loves me?! His clock has been stopped too?! I had never been so happy. God damn it Levy wake up! I used what strength I had left, and thankfully my hand responded. Ever so slightly, my fingers curled around his and I felt him jerk slightly. "Stu...pid..." My voice felt raw and I coughed slightly, wincing at the wave of pain in my chest.

"L-Levy?!" He stuttered and I smiled slightly. It took more effort than it should have but I managed to open my eyes, well, my right eye. I blinked against the light with a slight groan. Things were blurry at first but things cleared and soon I was looking at a teary eyed Gajeel. I smiled a little wider and lifted my hand, though it felt heavy as lead. I carefully wiped away some tears, and just as my strength gave out he grabbed my hand. The grip was gentle yet firm. I have to tell him!

"My clock..." I coughed again at the rawness of my throat. "Hasn't moved... In years..."  I nearly giggled as his eyes widened to almost comical proportions. "I... never told you... Because i wanted you to... Find your soulmate and... be happy..." I felt tears well in my good eye as I remembered his words from only minutes ago. "I love you too... Gajeel..." Gajeel stood before i was finished talked and leaned over me, his forehead gently touching mine. "You heard me..." He said softly. I tried to nod but my neck felt stiff. "Yeah... You pulled me out of the darkness..." I whispered.

He huffed a small chuckle, a gentle smile on his face. "Your something else Shrimp." I giggled slightly though it sounded raspy. "That's why you love me..." He grinned. "Damn straight." I smiled up at him. The sound of the door opening had Gajeel standing up, his grin widening. "She has rejoined the land of the living." He told the person, I couldn't see who it was. Quick footsteps approached my bed and suddenly, there were arms around me. "Levy!" My mom sobbed and I smiled, weakly putting my hand against her arm. "Hey mom..."

~Gajeel~

I wiped my eyes as Diane fond over her daughter, sobbing about how worried she was. "I'm gonna get the doctor." I told them before walking out of the room. When I came back Diane had finally let up on the sobbing and was sitting in the chair she had occupied for the past three days. "How are you feeling Levy?" The doctor asked as she began checking her vitals and her bandages. "Heavy..." Levy said weakly. Seeing her like this made me nauseous and my heart hurt, but she was alive. That was all that mattered. She's alive,  and she loves me.

I couldn't help the stupid grin that spread across my face, earning a weird look from Diane. "I'll be back later to check on you again Levy. I'll get a nurse in here to get you that water. I know you just woke up but you need to try and get some sleep." The doctor said, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Yes ma'am... Thank you..." the doctor smiled and left. I took my seat by her bed again, opposite Diane, who was stroking her hair gently. Once the nurse had come and gone I could tell Levy was fighting to stay awake. "Go to sleep Shrimp." I said quietly. Mom had fallen asleep in her chair already. "But..." I shook my head. "I'll be here when you wake up. Now sleep and get better." She smiled weakly and she closed her eye, falling asleep almost immediately. I gently kissed the bandages on her forehead. "I love you Levy."

EEP! Wifey did such a cute job on this one!!! <3