chapter 15

Randy actually looked better from the nap. He slept for more than six hours, and I found him once again curled into my neck. Simmy slept fewer hours than her brother, a solid five.

Me? Three, and I'm sure I looked like garbage. Randy woke up when I began to climb out of bed. His little form was alert and immediately grabbed my hand and was at my side.

"I need the bathroom." I said, tired. I wanted a shower, and I wanted out of this dress. I wanted to go home, and I wanted to be able to shape shift. "I'm just gonna be in the tub, you and Simmy can go back to sleep."

"Dun go." he said, his bright eyes full of anxiety. "Dun go."

I looked at the large bathroom just feet away from me. I looked at Simmy, then the little boy. "....You can sit on the floor and talk to me in there... Do either of you want a bath?"

There was a knock at the door and without much hesitation it was opened and two people walked in. A woman with her dark auburn hair in a bun, red catseyes glasses and bronze skin that was decorated in markings much like a cheetah. She held a clip board and a doctor's bag.

"Miss Sinclaire, I presume?" she asked, slipping her glasses off his nose to hang around her neck on a chain.

I found myself between Simmy and Randy, eyes on this new stranger.

"My name is Frigga Orleander and I'm the healer Alpha Alister called on." she introduced herself softly. "I was called because you suffered an injury?"

"Broken nose." I ground out, keeping my eyes on the guard at the door and the other large man slowly edging into the room. "I'm fine."

"You might have a concussion. And from what I've been told, the few days you've been here have left you drained and disoriented...."

Wait. What.

"What did you just say?" I growled, my head pounding. We were only here a few hours. Maybe a day at most.

"I'm sorry it took me so long to get here, your brother-in-law's arm is in good shape and as soon as we fix your skull we'll—"

From the corner of my eye I saw the larger of the men running at me. Randy screamed bloody murder. I was scooped up in a pair of powerful arms and held close to a body of pure muscle.

The other man circled around us both retrieve the kids. Everything went to absolute hell from there.

*~*~*~*~*~*

There was screaming, causing Brandon to run down the hall. He found Simmy and Randy bawling their eyes out, trying futilely to get around their bodyguards. They were powerful, strong, large men, that looked like they were iron incarnate. He frowned and asked what happened.

"They killed Sam! They killed Sam!" Randy screamed.

Brandon's eyes widened and he turned on the guards. "Get the fuck out my way! Where is Sam!"

One of the guards held up his hand. "She's with the healer."

"She attacked one of our men." the other said.

Brandon tried to push past them, but his shattered arm was gripped causing him to hault.

A man stepped out of Sam's designated room, the entire from of his shirt soaked in blood. He held his nose and moved his hand to reveal he was gushing his own blood.

The vampire, Logan stepped forward, looking from the children, to the teen, to his men. "I gave you one damn job and it was to make sure Healer Orleander and the Madam Alpha were in good hands." he moved to the man with blood on his clothes. Logan looked furious, and the amount of blood on the guard's shirt and face didn't help matters. "Why aren't you in there?"