Chapter Thirty-Two: Living Lumbar

I look around and frown

    I look around and frown. The room is lavish and beautiful and black, entirely black. In fact, I feel like I'm back in Walker's Haunted House.
"Hey, baby girl, does your room look as good as mine—" Walker stops inside my doorframe and smiles. "—Ooohhh I see it does. It's positively homey isn't it. I feel right at home. My room is similar. A little bit smaller, but just as dark. I love it."
I roll my eyes. "You would." I sigh, "Walker," I whine, "This is a crypt. I mean hell, a vampire could live in this room."
"Oh don't be silly, it's a gorgeous room. I mean jus look at that bed, darling girl. It could fit ten people."
Well, he wasn't too far off the mark. The bed had to be customed made. It was absolutely massive, absolutely truly massive. Four poster, with beautiful black lacy drapes, it was a princess bed, well if the princess was a serious goth princess.
"It's uhhhh...it's just really really dark, okay."
"It's gonna be fine. Hey, I came to get you, we're going to do a movie night. We have to wait for the bitch healer to heal her fucking self, so while we wait, and so we can kinda keep an eye on you, we're gonna do a movie marathon."
I wasn't crazy about the part where they wanted to keep an eye on me. But the movie marathon sounded pretty good. "Hmmmm I'm not entirely opposed to that idea, Walker. Whose watching?"
"The usual suspects. Birdie, Mr. Asshole King, and me."
"What about Terrenel?"
Walker shrugs, "I don't think Mr. Asshole king invited Terrenel."
"Well, that's just rude," I mutter.
"Listen, I get the feeling there is some really bad blood between those two. Do you really want them watching a movie together?"
He had a point, and yet, yet, if I was bound to both of them, they were going to have to learn to get along. "Ask Chamuel to extend an invitation to Terrenel, and not to listen to what Branuel Or De A'lanuel has to say about the matter. If Terrenel agrees, then yes, I'm in for a movie night."
Walker fists bumps the air and laughs, "YES!" He pulls me into a kiss and then he's gone in a second leaving me reeling.

"   Walker fists bumps the air and laughs, "YES!" He pulls me into a kiss and then he's gone in a second leaving me reeling