3• The Pain in Beauty

⚠️ WARNING: this will be one of the more triggering chapters

⚠️ WARNING: this will be one of the more triggering chapters. Though not that bad of one. It will contain some very graphically described rituals typical with eating disorders, but it's in passing and not enacted.

🩰

Cause you feed me fables from your head,
With violent words
& empty threats...
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn,
...that's alright because I like the way it hurts.
Just gonna stand there and hear me cry,
...that's alright because I love the way you lie.

- Love the way you lie Pt.2
By Rihanna

🩰

Beep....whoosh
Beep....whoosh
Beep...beep.........beep..............beep
Beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
"CLEAR!"

🩰

Beep.
Beep.
Beep.

My mind wakes up before my body does. I prefer it happen that way. Here, there is peace. Here, I am safe.
I know once I open my eyes, my grim reality will be ready for me.

I don't have to ponder over what happened or where I'm at. I've danced to this tune many times before. My body finally told me it's had enough and shut down. Next, there'll be a doctor who'll mean well. They will come in, giving me numerous options for rehabilitation. This will range from beautiful ranches with horseback riding in the mountains to five star celebrity status resorts.

They'll then meet my stepmother, my father, or on a seriously awful day - both.
Quickly the doctor will get shut down. The doctor will try to appeal to me, claiming I'm of age to make my own medical decisions. Then the lawyers get dialed while I keep my mouth shut, leaving them to flounder. They always back down, resigning to the fact that while I'm legally an adult, I will not say anything against my parents.