Angie: First Date

I couldn't stop smiling like an idiot. After agreeing to meet Asher at the coffee house in half an hour, partly because he had one of my favourite pair of mittens, and partly because he intrigued me, I raced to my room to take a quick shower and then pick out an outfit to wear.

Outside was snowing. I sighed. No surprise there. I looked through my closet and picked out the most comfortable outfit I had-- an oversized red, white and brown sweatshirt, a pair of black leggings, a thick red scarf and a cute, silver feather necklace. I decided to leave my hair loose and applied some eyeliner, a little bit of gold eye shadow, mascara and a layer of cherry lip-gloss. Yum.

"Aunt Neve?" I called. She was probably in her room doing who-knows-what.

"Yes?"

"I'm going out for a while, okay?"

"Okay, honey, just be careful!"

I nodded and smiled, donning my brown boots, a white beanie, and my white parka, which I managed to clean. I slipped the other half of the mitten, my wallet, phone, keys and umbrella into my purse, remembering what happened the last time I had walked to Zoe's Coffee House. Time to face the music, I thought as I locked the door behind me.

I finally arrived to the coffee house, only to find Asher seated by the window, waiting for me. Was I late? He saw me and waved. "Hey grocery-girl-whom-I-met-at-the-coffee-house," he said smiling-- quite sinfully, I might add--as I approached the table, and gave a little laugh.

"Hey, Asher. Sorry I'm late." I kept my hands to my sides, feeling the tingles to the tips of my fingers.

"No worries."

"So, where's Pandy? Andy misses him."

"Ahh, straight to the point, aren't we?"

I playfully glared at him as I took the opposite seat.

"Okay, okay, he's right here. Safe and sound," he said, pulling out my panda mitten. I loved those mittens so much! Well, they were really comfortable, and the panda face and ears only made them more adorable. It had taken me a good afternoon to knit the pair.

"Thank you," I said, stretching my hand to retrieve Pandy from him.

"I don't think so. He's staying with me until after this date, Missy," he said, his lips tilting to form half a smirk, while he tucked Pandy away in the pocket of his leather jacket.

I pursed my lips, and pondered. Actually spending time with this boy wouldn't hurt as much. "So... How are you liking it in Afton?"

"It's...different. It's cold. I don't do cold."

"Ugh, tell me about it."

"You don't like the cold?" he asked, intruiged.

I sneered. "I despise it. For college, I'm packing my bags and moving to somewhere warm and sunny."

"Hey there," said a saccharine-sweet voice, and I looked up to see a blue-eyed blonde in a Zoe's uniform. "I'm Madeline, and I'll be your server tonight. What can I get you?" she asked, batting her eyelashes and adjusting her shirt, so that Asher got a view of some of her cleavage. I rolled my eyes. Everything about her just screamed desperate!

"Oh, um... Angel?"

Madeline huffed and turned to face me. "Well..?" She tapped a pen on her small paper pad.

"I'd like a hot chocolate and a cinnamon surprise muffin, please." I ended up choosing the cheapest, but tastiest, things on the menu.

"And what about you, hottie, is there anything I can get you?" she purred, her voice suggestive and practically oozing innuendos.