Chapter 36.

Annette's POV.

It's been a couple of days since everything happened and Elijah hasn't contacted me yet. I asked Oliver if something happened to Elijah but he told me Elijah is enjoying Italy and will be back soon. 

I don't understand why he is ignoring me when I did a lot for him. I love him and I agreed to be his fake girlfriend even though it hurt me. I know I kept one secret from him but that doesn't mean he should forget I am his girlfriend. 

The doorbell started ringing again so I went downstairs. What is wrong with everyone in this house? No one wants to answer the door anymore.

"Excuse me, but I told you before that you at the wrong house." This delivery guy keeps giving us flowers when no one ordered. "Sir, I told you yesterday that my sister, mother, and dad never ordered flowers so please leave. I can't keep signing them anymore." 

"Some girls just don't recognize their boyfriends." He finally showed me his face. "Miss me?"

"Elijah, what are you doing here? When did you come back from Italy?" 

"Yesterday but I was too tired to come here so I send a couple of men to deliver flowers to you." I let him in. "So how were you while I was away?"

"Worried!" I answered. "Elijah, are we going to act like nothing happened?"

"Well, nothing happened between us." He replied. "Anne, I am sorry I shouted at you. I was just angry that you kept things from me. I don't know why I get angry with you, you know I am never angry but to make you happy. I promise to never shout and jump to conclusions." He kept looking around. "I swear on my life."

"What are you looking for?" I asked.

"Your mother." He answered. "I don't trust her that is why I came here with a bulletproof vest and a gun. Is she home?"

"Mommy, Elijah is here." I shouted and he put his hand over my mouth.

"You snitch, you want me dead." He said.

"Hello, Eli." Mom came downstairs. "Why are you standing like that, sit down please." She smiled and he quickly sat on the couch. "I don't have a gun Elijah, you can relax."

"I am relaxed." Elijah pulled me. "I just want my girlfriend to sit next to me." 

"Always using my daughter." Mom shook her head. "I am going to my father's place so make sure no funny business happens in my house or else. . ." Mom touched her throat. "I won't be responsible for what happens to you." She got up. "Enjoy your day, kids." She is just teasing Elijah but this fool thinks my mom will actually kill him. 

"If she wasn't your mother I would've asked someone to kill her." Elijah said, the second my mother left.

"She really loves you." I stated. "By the way, when you said you promise to never get angry, shout or jump to conclusions, you really meant it?" 

"Anything for you." He smiled. "Sorry about shouting at you at my parent's anniversary. Dad told me he asked you not to tell me anything. Even if he didn't ask you, I know it would be wrong of you to tell me something that my parents are supposed to."

Why is Uncle Ben lying? He never told me to keep anything from Elijah so why did he lie to Elijah for my sake?

"It's fine Eli." I kissed him on the cheek. "You always apologize whenever you are wrong but I was the one that was wrong at your parent's anniversary. I should've told you Kim was going to marry you."

"Her name isn't Kim." He giggled. "Kim is her mother and us kids that used to attend those stupid rich parties call her Kim because she looked like her mother. Her real name is Aurora."