33 - Lost It All

Jacob phases and runs into his dad's house. "She's gone. She's gone!" He yells.

Billy frowns, setting his paper down. "Who?"

"King. She's gone!" he hits the wall angrily.

Billy frowns more. "Gone..? Where? I don't-"

"She's facing Clio. Alone." Rebecca realises, her face paling.

Billy pales too. "No... No! You-you get out there and find her!" He yells.

Jacob rolls his eyes. "No shit. But I don't know the places she'll go. I need you to think, dad, her life depends on it!" He slams his hand on the table.

Billy shakes. "I-I-I"

"Jake, stop." Rachel snaps, glaring as she lays a hand on her dad's shoulder. "This stress isn't good for him!"

"Any way to get rid of King huh, Rach." He snaps.

"Don't even go there!" Rachel yells.

"Stop!" Billy yells. "She's all alone out there and she's probably terrified! Let me think!" He yells.

His children go silent, all watching him. He breathes heavy as his fingers tap the table, his thoughts racing; where would she go? "There was a place..." he says, thinking. "Her mom would take her, I met them once or twice. They did it every year. Its... Goddammit, where is it!" He slaps his hand on the table.

Jacob kneels. "Dad, please... Come on, you can do this." He begs, a hand on his dad's arm.

"Get me her photo album. I know it, I just... Get me it!" He demands.

Jake grabs his phone. "Esme? Get me her photo album-"

"It's gone Jacob." Esme says. "All her things are." She whispers.

"DAMN IT!" Jacob yells, throwing his phone at the wall. It shatters into little pieces, plaster dust also falling with them. "She took it!" he runs his hands through his hair.

"That one.." Rachel says, darting to Kings room. She's been staying there since she came to care for her dad and she had a snoop. She throws the drawers open and grabs the tattered photo album, running to the kitchen table again. "She has this one too - we used it to copy some photos."

Billy snatches it and throws it open, scanning the pages. "There." He tears the film-covered page out and throws the book aside. He taps his fingers on the image of a big lake and looks at his son. "Here. She'll have gone here. I-I can't remember where it is. Utah maybe? Somewhere near there."

Jacob grabs the picture and pats his dad's back. "Thank you." He says, darting out again. He throws his clothes aside and tucks the picture in the strap on his ankle, diving into his phase.

Gather everyone! Now! He orders to whoever is phased. He senses a few people phase out as he runs, being careful of the roads - last thing he needs is to be in an accident right now.

When he finally makes it to the house, he sees everyone waiting - and he never thought he'd say it but he's relieved to see a group of black cloaks. He phases and runs out as he pulls his shorts on, Caius looking over. "Where is she!!!"

Jake hands the picture over. "Dad thinks here. Here is possibly Utah, but he can't remember."

"Then you make him remember!" Caius yells.

Jacob glares. "And risk him having another heart attack? No."

"And who's fault was that-"

"Reign yourself in brother." Aro says calmly. "Jacob. Would your father be open to me using my.. Gift?" He says, his hands clasped in front of him.