12

The fae male that had come through the portal snatched the knife out of the air and growled, low and deep. The sound was terrifying - a threat.

"Husband?" Feyre asked once again.

"Husband," Fenrys replied with a nod "and mate."

Aelin squealed and ran forward, flinging her arms around the male with extreme strength. If it was anyone else, they would have fallen over, but he remained a solid wall. Rowan buried his head in her neck, inhaling her scent.

In some ways, this male seemed even scarier than Lorcan. His height mixed with the stark black tattoo on his face was certainly unnerving, and the weapons strapped to his body didn't help.

"J missed you," she whispered "I missed you so much."

"Are you crying, fireheart?" he chuckled. Everyone in the room watched the scene in silence, overcome with the emotion that was being displayed. Feyre and rhys understood the most though. They would feel the same way if they were apart for so long.

"No, you buzzard." she muttered, but clearly wiped a tear from her cheek. When she pulled away, Rowan whirled on Tamlin.

"You know she's been sharing a bed with those other males, I'd watch her if I was you," Tamlin said, trying to start a fight in their relationship, "she gets changed in front of them as well."

Rowan tipped his head back and laughed, but there was nothing humourous in it. Aelin sarcastically and dramatically sighed.

"Oh no!" she exclaimed, walking over to Dorian and sitting in his lap "Oh no! I'm sat on his knee!"

Dorian threw his arms around Aelin and planted an overly exaggerated kiss on her cheek. Rowan watched with a smile and a playful raised eyebrow.

She cupped her hand around her mouth and whispered, "i'm cheating on you."

Mor snickered as she saw Tamlin's expression and all the other high lords and their court watched like it was evening entertainment. Rowan simply walked over Tamlin with death in his state.

In an uncompromising voice he said, "hurt my mate again, and you will not see to live another day. That's if she doesn't get to you first."

Tamlin gulped and nodded.

When rowan turned back around, Aelin stood up and walked over to him once more.
lMay I introduce to you, King Rowan Whitethorn Galathynius of Terrasen."

Ge gave her a look, but grinned nonetheless, "where are we, by the way?"

"Prythian, but right now we are in the day court."

"We should head back to the night court though. I think we need to explain to Rowan about the threat," Cassian said.

"Agreed," Dorian sighed, he picked up Damaris off the couch and stabbed it into the floor to help push himself up, as if it was a walking stick.

"Uh, Dorian?" Aelin pointed to the weapon that was embedded into the marble. He had stabbed it so hard it cracked, creating a spider web pattern in the stone.

"Oh no," Dorian mumbled.

"What do you mean oh no? It's just a floor, it's easily fixed. You make it seem like it's the end of the world," Cassian chuckled.

Helion, however, glared at the ground and then at the male that had broken it.

"No, it's not that. You see, Damaris is a... special sword." the king replied.

"What's going to happen? Wolf a hoard of angry monsters rush at us or something?" the Illyrian general said, wide eyed.

"No, Damaris summons the dead."

Silence. Complete and utter silence. Aelin turned away from the group, already feeling the chill seep into her bones. She looked out of the window and beyond, and when she had gathered herself and spun back around, her heart stopped in her chest.

This was not going to end well.

-

a/n : short chap, sorry! who do you think it's going to be? take a guess..