Chapter 12: Broken Tears

Natasha POV:

It was a normal day for me, I just got back from a mission. I was injured, I had a bullet through my side, and a cut on my face. I cannot help to feel that something is going to happen. I went to the med bay, to get myself checked out. Bruce was in the med bay doing some research which I have no clue what it was about.

" Hey Bruce," I said greeted him. He looks at me and smiles but nodded at me but continues his work. Dr. Helen Cho came out and saw that I was injured.

"Come sit on the chair," She told me. I obeyed and she started to stitch me up. Once she was done, I noticed that she had a picture of a child on her desk. I picked up the frame and examined it. Cho noticed that I had the frame and she came over.

"Now that's my daughter," she told me. She smiled and I looked at her.

"she's pretty, how old is she," I asked

" she's 10 almost 11," she told me. I nodded and set the picture down. Kind of reminds me of my daughter but I let those thoughts out of my mind.

"what about you? do you have any children of your own?" Cho asked me. I looked at her and back at the frame and smiled.

" Long time ago," I told her. Cho smiled.

" How old are they?" She asked me excitedly. My face turned into a frown. I thought about it and realize my daughter is going to be turning 20 in a few months if she was still alive.

" she would be 20, "I told her as my face went into sadness. Cho was shocked but was regained her posture.

"Would as in..."She asked with a frown. I just simply nodded but I could tell that she understood.

"I'm sorry for your loss," she told me. I nodded and I left the med bay without looking over my shoulder. I went to the living room and sat down on the couch. I brought up my picture of my little girl and stared at it. I've thought of all the times I would sing to her, put her to bed and comfort her when she had a nightmare. He brought me joy seeing her grow up from baby to a toddler than to a five-year-old. As I stare down at the picture, I wonder if she was alive what would she be doing. What were her life goals, her personality would be?

I knew that she was kind from when she was five and she was simply caring, when I needed a hug she would be there. I felt wetness near my eyes and realized I was crying. I wiped away all those tears and put the picture back in my pocket where it came from.

"Crazy Russian lady, master Tony and the others are in the meeting room, they wish for your assistance," Jarvis told me

"Yes, thank you, I'll head up there right now," I told him. I walked to the meeting room which is just down the hall from the living room. When I got there Steve and Tony were arguing about something which I have no clue on. When I walked in everything went silent

"What's going on why are you guys Arguing," I told them.

"We are just about to discuss the mission," Steve said.

"Yeah... but you're not gonna like it, "Tony told me. I sign and sat down.

"What's the mission," I asked
" there's a lot of activity going on in this facility. We did some background research and they worked for a hydra. We believe that they're still producing something dangerous here in this facility." Steve said. I just simply nodded but he continued.