twenty

A/N: Wheeeyyyy everyone wants a hangover update! Yay....please someone buy me some more painkillers. I'm dying here.

-Megan's POV -

"So his idea of a date is to take you to a house party that isn't even his?" My mum asked going through my wardrobe. Maybe telling her I had a date was a bad idea.

"Don't mind really" I shrugged scrolling through my phone

"Hun, you don't have that many clothes do you?" She huffed

I giggled "I don't need many"

"Oh my gosh this is perfect" she pulled out a pretty short dress with see through lace sleeves "Black would suit you"

I looked at it "One, where'd you find this and two can I please wear tights?"

"No you are showing off your lovely naturally tanned legs now go go you have a party to get to" she shooed me into the bathroom

I sighed and pulled on the tight dress. I admit, it did look pretty good but it was short! Wasn't really in the mood for showing the entire year my butt when I bent down.

I stepped out the bathroom and put on tights anyway. I did a little eyeliner and clear lip gloss before slipping on some black flats.

Just leaving my hair straight, I jogged downstairs.

"You look great!" Mum looked at me in awe

"Hmm" Luke hummed looking at me from the sofa

"Is there a problem?" I asked

He shook his head slowly "Just hmm"

"I think I'm staying at Amy's after" I kissed her cheek

My phone buzzed and it was Kayden saying he was outside. "Stay safe" my mum called out before I shut the door.

"Wow" Kayden kissed my cheek and I know I blushed. He took my hand and we walked through the streets to where the party was.

"Excited?" He asked me

"Yeah" I smiled a little

He nodded "Sorry its not like a proper date, I'm never actually had one..." He trailed off

"Wait, you've never been on a date?" I asked in disbelief

"Well unless you count getting dragged go places by Lauren" he said

I laughed shaking my head "Not really, but I thought she would like say stuff about you if you didn't date her?"

"Ashton told you didn't he" he rolled his eyes "Well I've got something against her anyway"

I decided to just leave at that and we had also made it to the party.

-Kayden's POV -

We both walked in the house, hand in hand and walked through the crowd. Several people greeted me and I just smiled back.

"Hey Kayden!" I was tackled into a hug by Ashton

I laughed "Hi Ash"

I saw Amy hug Meg and then tug her away.

"They probably went to get a drink or something" Ashton said "So here"

He took two drinks of the counter and we both sat on the sofa.

"Talked to Lauren?" He asked me

I shook my head "But I have got it though"

He grinned "C'mon tell me"

I teased him by just getting up and walking away. I pushed through the crowd of people trying to find someone that would actually want to talk to me. Yeah, everyone knew me but I wasn't exactly close with them. Being popular wasn't the greatest thing in the world.

"Kayden!" a girl squealed grabbing my arm. I frowned shaking her off. I didn't even know her name

Then someone else grabbed my other arm and began dragging me away. I sighed when I recognised it as Lauren. Why did I ever trust her? She tried to pull me upstairs but I shook my head no and tugged her outside.

"What's up with you? You seem tense, y'know I could fix that..." she tiptoed her fingers up my arm

"Listen Lauren, we need to talk" I began and she huffed

"Are you seriously breaking up with me? You know what will happen" she smirked getting her phone out

"Fine" I said simply

She scoffed "Fine? I'd be emabrrassed if I were you Kayden" she began tapping away on her phone "Done now everyone knows your secret"

I nodded and got out my phone and saw her tweet

"@xlaurenbabexx: @kaysmith_ isn't even emabrassed that he's adopted :/"

I quickly replied to it "@kaysmith_ yeah but I would be more embarassed if it turns out my sister was actually was my mum but she had me at 15 ://"

I hit enter, shrugged at her and walked away.

"Kayden!" she shrieked but I didn't turn back. Just flipped her off

"Hey, you're back" Meg giggled wrapping her arms around my neck

I laughed "How much have you had to drink while I was gone?"

"I'm not d-drunk I swear, just a wee bit tipsy" she measured with her fingers "But if I do anything bad blame Amy"

"Gladly" I mumbled and kissed her

-----

After a few hours we decided to leave since I wanted to get Megan back home and not too late.

"Wahey you guys are back!" the door swung open and Luke or Jai stumbled towards us. I still couldn't tell them apart.

"Lukey babe" Megan giggled she ran to him and hugged him

"Y'know Kayden, you're not that bad, but don't tell the guys they want to act tough and shit to scare you" he tugged her back inside

Megan waved to me "Bye bye Kayden!" And slammed the door

I stared at the house for a moment before making my own way home. Thinking about how everyone was going to react to my huge secret.

-----

Incase anyone is confused. Lauren's mum had her at 15 so Lauren's nan pretended to be her mum instead to raise her and her actual mum would act as a sister. Make sense? Hopefully.

Btw this book is nearly done :O but srs its been over a year it has to finish at some point!