Chapter 7

When I wake up I rub my forehead with my palm. My head was pounding from the nightmare that I had just had. I sigh and sit up I grab my phone to check the time before groaning.

"Hey Lydia is taking us dress shopping for the winter formal so get your ass up and ready" Allison says and I nod. I groan the get up.

I get in the shower and once I get out I blow dry my hair and curl it. I get dressed into a white t-shirt and a denim blue skirt. I put on some black tights and black ankle boots with a heel to them. I then head downstairs for breakfast.

"Morning" I say drinking some orange juice. "Morning" everyone says and I sit down at the table. "You look nice, what are you doing today" mom asks and I look over at Alison who looked exhausted. "We're going dress shopping for the winter formal" I say and mom smiles. "All exciting, have you got a date yet?" My mom questions and I shake my head. "I'm sure Cole is going to ask her" Allison says and I smile slightly.

I head up to my room after breakfast and brush my teeth. I then sit at my vanity unit and do my makeup. I put Cole's black Jacket on that he gave me during our date a couple of days ago. I grab my bag then head downstairs.

"Is Clara here" I heard a familiar voice. I walk down the stairs to see Cole standing at the front door. "Cole" I say in shock as I get to the bottom of the steps. "Do you want to take a walk with me" he says and I nod. "I'll be back soon, tell Allison and Lydia not to leave without me" I tell my mom and she smirks and nods at me.

"Nice jacket" he says and I look down to his jacket that I was wearing and he smiles whilst I giggle. "Thank you" I say putting my hands in the pockets and he smiles. He takes one of my hands out of the pocket and holds it in his own. "Are you going to the winter formal" he asks and I look at him. "Yeah, I'm going to buy a dress today" I say and he smiles.

"I was wondering if you wanted to be my date to the winter formal" he asks and I smile. "No" I say and his face drops. "I'm kidding of course I will" I say nudging him and he smiles. "Okay so you text me later the colour of your dress and I'll match you he says and my smile grows. "Okay" I say smiling.

"Allison, when you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping, a five-mile hike in the woods was not what I was expecting." Lydia complains and I just sigh. "Before I forget, I wanted to ask if you're okay with something." Allison says as we walk behind her. I'm smaller then Lydia and Allison so im really struggling to keep up.

"Jackson asked me to the winter formal." Allison says and Lydia looks at Allison sort of hurt. "Did he?" She questions and Alison nods. "Yeah. Just as friends. But I just wanted to make sure you're okay with it first." Allison says smugly and I look at her confused. "Sure. As long as it's just friends." Lydia says.

"Well, yeah, I mean, it's not like I would take him to the coach's office during Lacrosse and make out with him or anything" Allison says and I stop in my tracks looking between them both genuinely shocked. "About that...." Lydia says and follows behind Allison causing me to groan and keep following them.

We stop in the middle of the woods whilst Allison sorts out her bow and arrow. "What does that do" I ask crossing my arms across my chest as it gets extremely cold. "We're about to find out." Allison says laughing slightly.

Me and Lydia stand behind Allison as she sets up her bow and arrow. The bow lands in a tree and sparks come flying of it. I take a deep breath now becoming kind of nervous. "What the hell was that" Lydia asks staring at the sparks coming from the bow. "I don't know" Allison says smiling slightly.

"Well that was fun" Lydia says putting her hands together. "Any more lethal weapons you wanna try out?" Lydia asks sarcastically causing me to laugh.