What have I done?

JACK'S POV

I could feel my heart beating my chest.

I pinched myself and refroze from my spot and ran over to Danny's side. A small tear ran down my cheek as I stared at the pills beside him.

I noticed the small empty bottle next to them...

I picked the bottle up and looked at it weakly.. My hand was shaking and my body was trembling madly. My jaw clenched.

I threw the bottle far away.

"Danny Danny wake up! Wake up! What the heck did you eat?! What did you eat?!" I shook his small body furiously. No response.

"Daniel.....EMMA! EMMA! Get here now!" She stomped here angrily.

"What?!" She looked over at Danny.

"What happened?!" She panicked as she saw the white puff stuff on Danny's mouth.

"No time to explain! Call the hospital now!" I said firmly. She nodded and took out her phone and started dialling something.

I glanced back at Danny's unconscious body.

What have I done?

Emma

Stop panicking, stop panicking. Stop panicking! Emma listen to yourself!

"Hello? Queen Clarisse Hospital?" I said, panicking more.

"Yes? How may we help you miss?" The young woman said.

"I need help here now! My little brother's unconscious and me and my brother don't know what to do. He kinda ate some unknown pills and passed out. How fast can you get here?"

"As soon as possible, miss. Address please"

"341 Frintyan Street! Now hurry up!"

"Certainly miss"

I kept my phone back and looked at Danny weakly and started to cry.

"Jack...What are those?" I asked weakly as I pointed at the green pills beside him.

"I...I don't know. Can you tell what they are?" I picked them up and furrowed my eyebrows trying to remember something. Yes!

"Jackheateratpills!" Jack looked confused. I think I said it too quickly.

"He ate rat pills Jack! I remembered them when mom and I were gardening! She used them to get the rats to stay away! " Now he looked shocked as ever.

"Where did he get them from?!" I pointed at the small high cabinet next to the door. "He used the stool"

Just then we heard a beeping noise. The ambulance.

They rushed inside with an oxygen mask thing. I just sat there, watching them putting it on and pressing Danny's chest. The guy doing it shook his head and carried him outside and laid him on a stretcher. What the heck does that mean?!

They carried him and the stretcher into the ambulance van and they motioned us both to get inside.

Me and Jack sat on the red bench beside him and I cried even more. Am I gonna lose my brother?

I watched them performing strange tests on him. I couldn't find the strength to face him so I turned around and cried softly.

The second we reached the hospital, the doors burst open and we stepped out carefully. A few nurses came with a hospital bed and they placed him on top of it.

Then they pulled him into a ward I barely knew what and shut the door.

Me and Jack were both completely speechless.