Chapter 07

The Potters' Manor was dead asleep and no sound could be heard as dusk had fallen upon its old walls. But per usual, that silence wasn't going to last much longer.

    It was September first and the Potter twins had woken up earlier than ever, seeing as they were excited for their first day at Hogwarts, and couldn't go back to sleep no matter what they did. So they decided to bid their parents goodbye by pulling one last legendary prank as a way to be remembered by.

     "Do you have them?" James asked quietly as the two tiptoed toward their parents' bedroom on the second floor.

     "Yes, now shush," said Jenna, opening the door ever so slowly that it made no sound whatsoever.

"Don't shush me!" James whispered angrily.

"Don't give me a reason to shush you!" Jenna retorted back, but they both fell silent once they entered their parents' bedroom.

     "Hand me mine, J.P," James whispered, raising his hand toward Jenna, and so she placed one of the Dungbombs in his hand.

     With that, she opened the door wider and they stepped inside the room, each holding onto a Dungbomb. So with mischievous grins playing on their lips, James and Jenna gave each other one last approving nod, and the silence was broken for good when they threw a set of Dungbombs in their parents' bedroom.

The moment the first one burst, the twins ran downstairs laughing, hearing their mother's shrieks after them.

"FOR THE LAST TIME!" She bellowed, as James and Jenna made an escape for outside the house. "I WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOR IN MY HOUSE!"

Once outside and in the garden, the twins looked up towards the windows of their parents' bedroom, watching the green gas filling it up.

"Nice one, J.P," they said together, fist-bumping with satisfied grins on their faces.

The two stayed in the garden, busying themselves with their brooms as they shot into the air, though not too high to be seen by their neighbors, even though it felt like their houses were a mile away.

"Oi! I think the coast is clear!" Jenna called out to James, and so after receiving a thumbs-up, they both landed on the ground and left their brooms laying there, making their way back inside.

Mickey had already set the breakfast table. An angry Mrs. Potter was sitting behind the table with folded arms as she watched the twins come forward innocently, acting like nothing had happened.

"Hi, Mum," said Jenna sweetly, placing a small kiss on her mother's cheek before sitting down.

"May I just say," James started, smiling handsomely, "you look extremely beautiful today, Mother."

"Are you mocking me, James?" she questioned with a raised brow, pointing at her messed up blonde hair and dirty clothes, which were due to the unexpected way she was woken up.

"I would never!" James gasped dramatically.

With the sound of footsteps, their heads turned around, spotting their father entering the kitchen still in his pajamas, his jet-black hair all over the place as always; although a few strands of gray hair had appeared beneath that mess.

Yawning, he sat down at the table, saying brightly, "Good morning, Potters."

"Morning, Dad," the twins said together, trying to hold back their sniggers as they watched the remainder of their Dungbomb's green gas raising from their father's head.

But Mrs. Potter did not share the same amount of good attitude as her husband. "Aren't you going to say something to them, Fleamont?"

"Oh, Mia. I would think that you are used to all this after years of dealing with these two," said Mr. Potter, putting some jam on his toast. "But you are surprised every time."

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't applaud them for this unique way of waking us up!"

"No need to apologize, Mum," Jenna said wittily.

"Yeah, there's enough time for the applause," said James. "We have four hours until we have to get on the train."

Mrs. Potter rolled her eyes, trying hard to suppress her smile. Sighing in defeat at last, she took a toast herself. "Why did you wake up so early, anyway?" she mused.

"We couldn't sleep," the twins said in sync, obviously excited for their first time of going to Hogwarts.

"Jenna, your hair's doing that freaky thing again," James suddenly said, pointing at her sister's orange hair.

"James, what did I tell you about using the word 'freaky'?" said Mrs. Potter in a warning tone as Jenna shook her head to try and turn her hair back to her normal brown state.

"Mickey, would you please get the kids' trunks downstairs?" Mrs. Potter asked the young house-elf kindly, waving her wand to clear up the breakfast table herself.

"Yes, my Lady!" Mickey squeaked, bowing so low that his nose almost touched the ground before disappearing from the kitchen.

"Did you pack everything last night like I asked you? I don't want Mickey doing all the work! You have to learn to do your own stuff." Mrs. Potter pointed a finger at the twins, but they just gave each other a knowing look before standing up from behind the table.

"Delicious breakfast," said Jenna.

"Oh, yeah! The best!" said James, and so the two ran out of the kitchen with a start and back to the garden.

"I don't know what we're going to do without them, Fleamont." Mrs. Potter sighed, turning towards her husband who was still eating. "But I do hope they would stop causing so much trouble in Hogwarts."

"Oh, you don't have to worry, Mia, dear." Fleamont shook his hand at her reassuringly. "They're two little angels, fallen straight from heaven."

"That amount of sarcasm about your own children is not appreciated."