🥀

" The whole time I was here...even before you walked in on us, I kept thinking about you... I mean like what you would order and stuff, I almost forgot I was with Heather so I ordered your favorite, cream puffs, turns out Heather is lactose intolerant so I had to eat both by myself, " Jonah tells me, laughing.

Jonah had insisted that I should let him make it up to me, apparently making up to me includes taking me to Froth's and force-feeding me cream puffs.

I laugh along. Empty laughs.

Jonah why do you say things like this...
You give me hope, but I know it's nothing. Still every time, he says something like this, my heart beats faster, it aches, but the good kind and I can't help but fall harder, deeper.

" So... You don't have anyone you like?" He teases me.

" No, " I huff picking at the pastry on our table.

" Well we need to find one so we can go on double dates..., " he jokes.

Just like that, the glimmer of hope he gave me minutes ago, it disappears. But my heart waits for the next flicker even though my head tells me to give up already.

" Yuh right, " I roll my eyes.

" How are you even single till now? I can't think of one reason why you are still single... You are the cutest, kindest boy in our school, the prettiest too, " he says looking at me. I blush under his gaze.

And there it is, again, that flicker of hope.

You. You are the reason. I answer his question in my head.

🍂🍂

Sending pats(since hugging isn't an option nowadays) on the head for those voted and commented