The Warden

It was a dark and stormy night with bolts of lighting streaking across the sky.  A woman dressed in a white cloak rode away from town on horseback. With each step the horse took another bolt of lighting went through the night sky. 

Rain washed down the woman's face. But she couldn't prolong this any longer. She had to get away from town or He would find her. He had already sent to of his clockwork hellions after her and they were closing in fast. 

The burning embers of eyes was visble through the tree line. Suddenly one of them leapt forth in front of her. They were surely fast, no wonder Rowan had sent them. He wished to corrupt all good. But he would not have them. She reared up her horse and made to change her direction. Making care not to drop the bundle she held so close to her person. The second creature was there and before she knew it she was trapped. 

The first creature spoke with a voice cold metalic voice, "Hand over the child madame and you will not get hurt." 

"What if I refuse ," The woman responded her brilliant blue eyes showing behind blonde curly hair. 

"Then we will have to do this the hard way," he said as he lunged forth with metalic claws and demonic  fury. 

The woman jumped off her horse which disappeared in a bolt of lighting. The creature went harmlessly over her. She raised a hand and electricy started to surge from her hand.  Hitting the second creature. 

She was going to have to be careful she only had a limited amount of zemi reserves. The energy she used to cast spells.Her familar the lighting horse reappeared at her side. The beast would protect her until it died. 

The horse started to circle the other demon it's mane bristling with sparks. While she stalked towards the one that was too charged to move its mechanical arms. With a swift motion of her hand she brought a bolt of lighting down to the sky on to the creature. Knowing it couldn't move anymore she approached hoping to by more time and maybe get a few questions at the same time. 

"Why are you after them?" She snarled. The question wasn't for these puppets but more for the vile puppet master. 

"You know why," A new voice came from the creatures mouth it was smooth and calming. But behind that coolness it held anger and deceit. He spoke again, "I want my sons, and you keep them from me."

"I do keep them so cannot you would taint them Rowan," she replied. Anger was building in her with each word he spoke and the storm around them was only growing worse. 

"Then duck," Rowan replied in a sarcastic tone. 

She turned in horror to see that the second creature had giant scorched hoof prints on its chest and it struggled to move forward with an awkward limp that hindered it's speed.But her horse was no where in sight. Had the creature over powered her familar? 

"STORM!" She called her steed to her. It appeared next to her bloody and severly wounded. "Rest storm you have done enough. Just watch over the boys for me." The creature nodded its huge head as if understanding the meaning behind her words. Its eyes showed its sorrow as it disappeared.

Her face was it's own storm of emotions as she raised her hand towards the limping demon. Electrical surge after surge flew from her hand towards the creature in less then a blink of an eye.

"Darling," Rowan said, "I did not mean the creature."  With those words uttered the creature raised it's arm in a way that caused sickening crunch.

Immediatly she jerked her head towards the sky and saw a pillar of white light head straight for her. She could barely say a word as it imprisioned her effectively cutting her off from the world. She could only wonder if she gave her boys enough time to get away. As she dropped the bundle revealing it to be rocks.