The Broken Ambition: The Weapon in the Snow

Land of Waves Arc - Episodes 16 -19

Rio's POV:

"Sasuke, I need to protect, Sakura!" I yell, but it comes out as a croak, but I know Sasuke will do everything in his power to fulfil my wish as I fight to stay away. I need to win this fight. "Tag!" I use up the last of my Chakra to switch Sasuke and me; I land on the ground outside of the dome of mirrors. I know Sasuke was keeping an eye on the battle inside, watching Haku's movements as Naruto and I fought against him, and I'm leaving it up to the two of them. I close my eyes feeling myself slip away. I snap my eyes open thinking about my teammates, my sister, my Sensei, I have to stay awake for them, and I slowly sit up, taking out the remaining Senbon Needles. I cringe in pain as I rip them from my flesh, again and again, I need to get back to Sakura and Tazuna, I took Sasuke out to make sure he had enough Chakra to end the fight with Haku. I look inside the dome of mirrors to see Sasuke and Naruto standing next to each other, and I know they can handle this. "Boys, I'll look after Tazuna and Sakura, you beat this guy!" I yell to them, hoping it'll encourage them, they don't spare me a glance, but I know they heard me from there.

"You got it, Rio!" I hear Naruto shout back and I run off towards the mist where Sakura and the others hide.

THE LAND OF WAVES ARC

I make it into the mist, but I can't see anything, there's barely any visibility, most likely a countermeasure to Kakashi-Sensei's Sharingan. "Kakashi-Sensei!" I hear Sakura call out nearby; I follow her voice further into the mist.

"You were late Kakashi. You let your concern for those little punks' safety cloud your mind, adding further to the fog that already hinders your Sharingan. Your eyes are sharp Kakashi, but not sharp enough to read my moves, not anymore." Zabuza lets out a dark throaty chuckle. "Come on, Kakashi, I want this to be fun. I want to enjoy myself, as I exact my revenge. As for those brats, don't worry they're at Haku's mercy, now they're breathing their last breaths, right now." I grow closer to the voice, and I can barely see the pink hair of my twin as I step in behind her to see Kakashi between Tazuna and Zabuza. "Relax, you'll have plenty of time to weep out an apology for failing those brats when you see them in the next life." He hysterically chuckles as he fades into the thick fog, which grows ever denser.

"Man, he knows how to laugh creepily." I alert the others to my presence, Sakura and Tazuna jump in surprise but Sensei seems to tense up, but I know he's trying to keep his senses sharp to find Zabuza.

"He said Sasuke will die," Sakura whimpers, I place my hand on her shoulder in comfort as she shakes her head to clear her mind. "No, I won't believe that I have faith in him... And that masked kid... I can't lose Sasuke... Naruto either..." I keep catching the end of her sentences; I smile because I feel the same way, I believe in those two boys.

"Exactly. I-I believe in their abilities; I have faith in them. Naruto, the number one, hyperactive, knucklehead Ninja. And Sasuke, heir to the most powerful Clan in the Hidden Leaf Village." Kakashi says, and I hear an intake of breath from across the bridge.

"You mean-" Zabuza makes himself known.

"Yes, his full name is Sasuke Uchiha. The unique powers of the Uchiha bloodline run through his veins. The Kekkei Genkai is his birthright." Kakashi reveals to the Mist Ninja, which seems to shake his faith a little.

"I heard that one young Ninja survived the tragedy of the Uchiha Clan. No wonder he advances so quickly. But so does Haku, no one can match him. No one has ever stopped his Secret Jutsu, even the most skilled Jonin fall before him. Just as you will fall before me, right now!" Zabuza rages as he grabs hold of the hilt of his sword.