'Lucas Hemmings.'

Michael was handed a folder, briefly understanding that it was his timetable and boarding information, picking up on the words 'bedroom' 'classes' and 'roommate'.

He was led through the rather elaborate building until they reached a flight of stairs.
"Your bedroom is on the third floor." The young woman smiled. She had introduced herself but Michael had already forgotten her name, concentrating on trying to understand what was being said.
The man with Michael's bags started walking up the stairs, stopping half way and looking back at Michael. Michael blushed and kept his head down, following him up the stairs.
They reached the third floor and the man found Michael's room. He knocked before opening the door and taking Michael's stuff in. Michael was hesitant about entering the room. He could hear laughing and talking from other rooms. He wouldn't be a part of that. He knew it already. He didn't even really have friends at home, and everyone there spoke the same language as him.
Noticing the room was empty, Michael walked in, looking around at the huge bedroom. One bed was covered in clothes and books, whereas the other was empty. The spare bed was by the window and Michael was glad. He hoped he could see the stars at night. He always did at home when he couldn't sleep.
"Dinner is at 6. Free time until then." The man told Michael. He nodded without really understanding and the man left. He was finally alone. But for once, Michael didn't want to be alone.

"I would have gotten away with it if you hadn't started giggling like an idiot." Luke muttered and rolled his eyes, walking into the bedroom with Calum and Ashton in tow. He didn't even see the new boy at first, but when he did his playful scowl turned to a real frown and he stared at the kid sat on the spare bed.
"Who are you?" He asked and sat down on his own bed heavily. "I told them I didn't want a roommate.." He added under his breath and glanced at his friends.
Michael had been reading through his schedule and all of the information about boarding. He heard the other boys come in and quickly turned to face them.
"L-Lucas?" He asked quietly, remembering the name from one of his forms.
Luke sighed and rolled his eyes. "That's me. Who are you?"
"Luke.. I don't think he speaks English.." Ashton said softly and bit his lip, watching as Michael looked between the three of them in confusion.
"Italiano.. Non Inghilterra." Michael said quietly and both Luke and Calum frowned.
"Italian.. He's Italian." Ashton sighed and walked over, sitting down.
"Uh, Buongiorno.. Ashton.." He smiled and pointed to himself.
"Calum.." He smiled and pointed at Calum.
"Luke.." He sighed and looked over at Luke who just rolled his eyes, taking out his MP3 and laying down.
"Si.. Um yes.. Lucas." Michael nodded timidly and pointed to the form with Luke's name down as his roommate.
"It's Luke. Luke Hemmings." Luke mumbled and Michael nodded. "Luke.." He repeated and watched the lanky kid stretch out on his bed, closing his eyes.
"Anyway, we're busy so we'll see you at dinner." Ashton mumbled and got up, leaving before Michael had the chance to mentally translate what he said.
"You know I did tell them not to give me a roommate.. I don't want some nutcase in the room whilst in trying to sleep." Luke muttered and Michael merely frowned, chewing on his lip nervously.
"N-nut case?" He repeated in confusion and Luke shrugged, not sparing him a glance.
"No offence of anything. But you're here, which means you're crazy.."
"Not crazy!" Michael frowned and glared at Luke. He knew he wasn't crazy. He was just sad, for a long time.
Luke rolled his eyes and got up, taking Michael's file from him and flicking through. He scoffed and sat back down, Michael watching him with a scowl.
"Socially inept.. Wow they really put things down lightly. No worries about hurting our feelings." Luke muttered and Michael struggled to keep up.
"N-no piace.. Um no like.. Talk?" He attempted, watching Luke. Luke nodded and dropped Michael's file back on his bed.
"Good." He shrugged and put his headphones back in.
Michael understood and thought that maybe Luke wouldn't be that hard to share a room with. Luke, however, had a very different idea.
(I hope you're liking the book so far. I have a really detailed idea of where this story is going so it should turn out okay. Luke's meant to be a bit of a dick but you begin to find out a bit more about him in the next few chapters. Although he will stay quite secretive about his issues for a while. The next chapter will definitely feature more Cashton and you'll find out more about their characters too! Leave comments about any of the characters or the story so far!)