Disclaimer

“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.”-Khalil Gibran

Every insightful person I have ever known has always had one thing in common. Some type of event shook them either cognitively or emotionally that gave them a need early on to read people. I’m not sure if it’s possible to use these methods to become insightful, as that major variable is missing. My theory is that it is entirely possible, but consciously maintaining vigilance at the same level that naturally insightful people do at an unconscious level will be the part that will inhibit most people’s ability to read people.

I also want to make it clear that if I had the choice I would relinquish all of my insight and be a normal person with a normal type of perspective. Honestly if I were you, I would close out of this book right now. Knowledge is power, but it is also pain. I’ll devote an entire chapter to the drawbacks and responsibilities of insight. These are immense at most of the time are more readily apparent than the benefits that insight has to offer. I wish you luck if this is what you chose to do. If you decide not to, I tip my hat to you for your wisdom.