Prologue: The Meeting

• Dedicated to OneUp Media

BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP.

My eyes groggily opened at the cacophonous noise of the alarm clock on my bedside table where it stated Thursday, 7 a.m. I took my hand and slammed the off button in a swift movement.

"I don't want to go to school." I groaned.

Sighing, I got up from my warm bed and lazily walked to the bathroom. After doing my business on the toilet, I brushed my teeth, mouth washed, and splashed water in my face to attempt to be like the acne models on TV. Needless to say, it failed, and all that happened was that I got water all over the floor.

"God damn it!" I yelled in frustration as I eyed the water on the tile floor of my bathroom.

I grabbed a towel and began wiping up all of the water. That's what I get for trying to be cool. I walked back into my room, seeing the sunlight seeping through my blinds. Smiling, I opened them up and let the sunlight warm my face and help wake me up. I walked to my closet and tried to see what I would wear today. It was going to be cool and sunny, so I decided on skinny jeans and a comfortable shirt. I was never really someone for fashion; I always prefer more of a comfortable attire rather than a fashionable one. After changing all of my clothes, I brushed my black hair and put my contacts on my dark brown eyes. I've always hated having that kind of color for eyes on me, because everyone else always had such cool eyes. It literally reminded me of poop. Other people can pull it off though; it just doesn't suit my awkward state.

My sister began yelling my name, thus breaking my mental train of thought. I ran to her room in a hurry.

"What happened?! Who died?!" I panted.

"No one. I just wanted to tell you we're leaving in 5 minutes." she said.

Oh my sister. How she makes me cringe. I'm just kidding, I love my sister. She's the prettier one of the both of us. Shorter in height, but her eyes were bigger, making her dark brown eyes inviting and warm. Her name is Janelle. Pretty name right? Suddenly, I hear her scream. Well, speaking of the devil.

"What is it now?" I sighed.

"Jamba Juice is having a BOGO sale for smoothies! We have to go after school, Anna!" she exclaimed.

I laughed at her excitement and agreed. Soon enough, we got into car and began driving to school. I'm a sophmore at this school named John East High; it's such a dull name right? Once we got to school, I took a deep breath and strode through the gates, just as I heard the bell ring. I groaned annoyed and began walking to my first class, Chemistry. Definitely not one of my favorite classes. The only thing that made it better was that my partner moved to Texas because his parents had moved jobs to over there, and not to be mean, but I was glad. He was the most terrible partner ever, always insulting me and bothering me for money. I tried to be nice, but he just was a jerk wad. Once I set foot in the classroom, I froze in my steps. There was a boy in my seat. You could tell this boy was tall, by the way he hunched over his seat to put his head down. I could see he had brown haired bangs that barely touched his ears. Determined to get my seat back, I stomped up to him to give him a piece of my mind.

"Excuse me? You're in my seat..." I murmured quietly.

Dear god. Why couldn't I be more assertive? It sounds like I'm talking to my grandma or something.

No answer. Okay, Anna, show him who's boss.

"Excuse me." I said a bit louder. He looked up at me, and I got a better look at his face. Even with his bangs, you could see all of his face. He had olive skin and the most beautiful brown eyes ever. His eyes were just adorable and hypnotizing at the same time; it's hard to explain. He looks so innocent, yet so serious. I had to admit, this guy was cute.