Chapter 6: The Park Blues

Recap:

"Good night, Daniel. And thanks for being here." I yawned as I could feel my self falling asleep again.

I heard Daniel laugh and whisper something, but I couldn't exactly make it out. His laugh brought a smile on my face; it was just so genuine and real. Usually I can find endless reasons as to why I hate and despise Daniel, but in this moment now?

I can't even think of one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunlight streamed through my blinds, causing my eyes to flutter open. I slowly sat up in a sitting position and let out a rather loud yawn. Suddenly remembering that Daniel was sleeping on the floor of my room, I quietly got off of my bed and tip-toed to the bathroom. After I did all my business, I walked back into my room to see that he was still asleep. It was 11:00 already, and seeing him sleeping sprouted a devious idea in my head. I withheld my laughter as I stood out of sight near the doorway and took in a deep breath, preparing to scream my lungs off.

"DANIEL, HELP ME!" I yelled.

That did it. I heard something kick my nightstand, which obviously was Daniel jumping up from his bed on the floor alertly.

"Anna? Are you okay? Where are you? Anna?" Daniel called out and I could hear the worry in his voice.

I couldn't hold it in any longer, so I belt out my laughter as I collapsed on the floor. Seconds later, he was standing right near my feet and looked down at me.

"Yeah, that's so funny, Anna. Scare the living hell out of the guy that helped you last night." Daniel said, rustling his bed-head.

"Aww you got scared?" I teased.

"Well, you sounded really scared and I was worried." Daniel admitted whilst rubbing his neck. "So uhm, is Timothy awake yet?"

My eyes opened up in realization. "I guess he is now because I just screamed. I forgot Timothy was here."

Daniel laughed. "I'm sure he's awake listening to our conversation."

"Are you sure that it was okay with him that you slept on my floor instead?" I asked.

"He loves to sleep alone, don't worry." Daniel pointed out.

I was still a little skeptical, but Daniel told me to shake it off as he went to go talk to Timothy. While he did that, I went downstairs to make some food because I was starving. As I sat on the dinner table eating my cereal, my thoughts wandered to the events of last night. The horrible nightmare... the screams that never stopped.

"No, not now. Thinking about it will make it worse." I quietly mumbled to myself.

"What was that?" Daniel said as he walked down the steps with Timothy.

Damn. His hearing is either really good, or I just whisper extremely loud.

"Nothing." I quickly responded. "Do you guys want something to eat?"

"Do you have ice cream?" Timothy asked.

I giggled. "Ask your brother if it's okay for you to be eating ice cream for breakfast."

He pouted and looked at Daniel. "Dan, can I have some ice cream, please?"

Daniel laughed and ruffled his hair. "I think this should be up to Anna, but if she says yes, sure, rot your teeth with pride!"

I saw Timothy's eyes sparkle as he looked at me, pleading for me to give him ice cream. What's the harm done, right?

"You know what? Let's live on the bad side, Timothy." I said mischievously as I took out cookie dough ice cream from the freezer. "Do you like this flavor?"