Chapter 14: Winter Wedding

The acres of land behind the manor drowned in mountains of snow. The dark night light didn't stop the snow from glistening like the stars in the sky. The winter wind had swept away all the leaves from the trees, but the tall mighty pine-trees stayed strong in the forest around them. With the night settling in quietly and the animals preparing for a restful sleep, the Iron Blood pack had different plans under the full moon.

Ashley finally got to enjoy the snow that piled up on the entire pack property. As her icy white gown trailed behind her, she carried a bouquet of grey roses. Silently, soft snow fell in front of her, which calmed the coiled nerves in her stomach. Wedding for wolves was a little different than the ones for humans. Besides the white dress and tuxedo attire, this wedding was held at night under a full moon. So, their goddess Maya could bless the couple abundantly, like she always has been for centuries.

Pale as the moon was Ashley's dress, that adhered to her body and hugged all of her curves pleasurably. The silk glistened like the snow that was pure and untouched. She decided to keep her hair open, the heavy gold locks fell free and curled as they bounced behind her. Ashley had just finished putting in the last flower clip securing a few of the strands behind her head and away from her face. The last step were her shoes, which she gladly made sure had all the diamonds and crystals she desired. The diamonds encrusted on her heels winked at the light, like the icy glitter on her eyelids. The nerves from tonight made sure her cheeks were adequately coloured to a pink-rose, that matched her glossy lips too.

The door behind Ashley opened and Veronica Bacardi sauntered inside with her arms wide open, and in the most stunning burgundy velvet gown.

"You look beautiful!" she exclaimed as her kind blue eyes filled with tears. "I can't believe you're getting married."

"Don't cry," Ashley scuttled over to Veronica and hugged her when Czar sauntered inside. "Czar-" Ashley called out pleadingly- "please, help me."

"She's going to cry through the whole ceremony," he alleged casually. "So, just let her be."

Veronica smacked her husband's shoulder. "You're so mean," she sobbed. "I'm getting emotional, I can't help it. Your parents would have loved to see this day."

Ashley looked down at her hands. "I bet they would," she mumbled. "But thank you for coming and supporting me in their place." Veronica and Czar exchanged a loving glance before they hugged Ashley close to them. "It means a lot to have you both by my side tonight." Veronica's sobbing grew and Ashley couldn't understand a word though all the blubbering.

Czar laid his hand on Veronica's shoulder supportively. "There are some guests here to see you," he told Ashley. The door opened again and Ashley recognized the woman who strolled inside. It was Viola Centauri.

Ashley's smile grew wider. "Viola!" she squealed from excitement. Viola was dressed in a simple icy blue dress that was strapless. She was taller than Ashley and her silver heels looked brutal. Viola's warm green eyes overflowed with happiness and excitement.

"I can't believe I'm at your wedding," said Viola. "This is perfect. You look perfect, Ashley."

"Thank you," Ashley smiled with all her teeth. "Is your whole family here?"

Viola nodded. "The rest of the packs have arrived as well," she told Ashley. "But you don't worry about that. I'm here, we've got it all under control."

"If your brothers are here, then nothing is under control," remarked Veronica. She looked up to Czar. "We should go to see if everything is ready." Veronica and her husband left, but a few other women walked inside. Viola brought them to Ashley.