Chapter Three ~ Brick Wall

Andie Schaffer

Today's the day. The day the cast list will be posted and I will finally get to see if I made it or not. I've waited 2 agonizing days for this, and now it is here.

I pull into the school parking lot, waiting for Quinn and Dawn to get out before locking it and making my way to prison, I mean school.

I can already see Brey standing in front of the office scanning over what I think is the cast list. My pace quickens as I get closer to the door, Dawn and Quinn left in my dust.

I pretty much jog over to Brey, by eyes looking over the list, in search for my name.

I see my name and I almost shout with joy. Right across from my name is my character, Belle.

Holy shit I'm the lead.

Holy shit I'm a Disney Princess.

I almost pass out from excitement. Thankfully Brey is there to hold me steady as she squeals with me. I look for her name and see that she gets to play Mrs. Potts. 

I quickly scan the rest of the cast list, looking for my counter part, the Beast. 

Shit.

Greyson Wickes ------ The Beast

I have to kiss fucking Greyson Wickes.

To explain who Greyson Wickes is in nice terms, he is a complete jackass who just so happens to be an amazing actor, but he has the ego the size of the White House! But man is he hot.

I don't want to even get close to him let alone kiss him! Gross. I don't know where his lips have been!

"Congrats on getting Belle, Andie! So I see you have to work with Greyson often! Good luck!" Brey laughs at my displeasure and pats my arm in sympathy.

"Yippee." I say in the most unenthusiastic voice I can think of. She just laughs some more and starts talking about how she is happy to have gotten the part of Mrs. Potts. We talk more about how much fun this show is going to be, aside from working with Greyson, and how exciting it is to be able to put on such a big show for our little high school.

We continue to walk down the hall, laughing and chatting until the bell rings for first period. I quickly say goodbye to Brey and turn the corner running directly into the brick wall. 

"Ow" I groan, rubbing my nose and looking at the wall.

Wait, what did this brick wall have a black t-shirt on. My eyes get wide as the trail up to meet a pair of chocolate brown eyes. 

"Oh my gosh I'm sorry Greyson, I didn't mean to run into you!" I mutter, not breaking eye contact but still hoping he will just walk away.

"Why hello Belle", Greyson speaks in a low voice, his eyes holding a mischievous glint in them. He takes a step closer to me, closing the distance between us to only an inch apart. 

My eyes widen even more as he lowers his head down and whispers in my ear, "I can't wait to spend every night with you for the next 3 months my dearest Belle". I shudder as his soft breath hits my ear, but then I come to my senses and push him away. 

He lets out a small laugh as I stumble away from him, shooting him a glare as I continue on to my first period class. I shake my head, knowing this is going to be a long few months.

"I can't believe the nerve of that guy" I mutter to myself, knowing full well that in our small private school, he is definitely the guy that goes through girls like it's his job. I can't let his stupid words get to me, I must be professional with my acting and show Mrs. Lockhart that I am the perfect Belle, no matter what the stupid Beast does. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the final bell of the day rings, I gather my things and head to my locker. My sisters are already there, chatting about whatever that heck they chat about, but they get quiet as I approach. Not thinking anything of it, I throw my things in my locker and turn to look at them.

"Whats up?" I question, knowing full well they were talking about me.

"Nothing" Dawn mumbles, shifting her eyes as to not make eye contact with me. I narrow my gaze and move it to Quinn, who I know will definitely spill the beans. 

Quinn tries to turn away and run but I grab her arm. 

"What the fuck is going on? What are y'all hiding from me?" I say, having had enough with this day and not wanting to deal with my annoying sisters hiding shit from me.

"Fine." Quinn huffs, resulting in a glare from Dawn, "Basketball practiced was cancelled for the day so we are gonna go hang out with some friends at the mall."

"Okay...are you guys leaving me the car then and having one of your friends drive you?" I ask, already knowing the frustrating answer to my question.

"Um, no. Are you okay finding a ride home with someone else?" Dawn requests, trying not to make eye contact with the flames that encompass my eyes. 

"Are you kidding me? Why do you always do this? Why am I always the one without the car? You guys suck." I grumble out, stomping away to the cafeteria where the first rehearsal for Beauty and the Beast is about to start.

"Congrats on getting Belle" my sisters yell, trying to calm my anger, but I ignore them and storm away.

As I enter the cafeteria, Brey runs up to me. Sensing the fury within my soul, she grabs my arm and pulls me to the side of the room.

"Whoa bitch what is wrong? You are practically seething." She asks with concern in her eyes.

"Dawn and Quinn left me without the car, AGAIN! And now I have to find a ride home after rehearsal, which will probably result in me having to get an Uber." I say with a angry eye roll.

"You know I would take you home if I didn't work right after" Brey says with a sorry tone. I give her a side hug and a nod. I know she would if she could. It is so annoying that my sisters could have had any of their friends take them home, but no, I had to deal with the puzzle of getting home.

"It's gonna be okay babe, lets just focus on that when the time comes and have a good first rehearsal! This is gonna be so fun! We get to meet all the characters and do a cold read, then maybe some song practice?" She wiggles her eye brows, knowing how much I love to sing. I let out a small laugh, appreciating her attempt at cheering me up. 

We make our way to the center of the room along with the rest of the cast. Or at least most of the cast. I scan the crowd of people, looking for the one guy that could ruin my mood even more than my sisters. With no Greyson in sight I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding and look up at Mrs. Lockhart. 

The doors swing open with a dramatic flare and we all turn to look at who was interrupting.

Greyson walks in with a confident attitude, not even apologizing for being late.

Mrs. Lockhart shakes her head and gives him a look of disappointment but continues on with her speech. 

"Hey Belle, did ya miss me today?" Greyson whispers as he walks up to where I'm standing. I roll my eyes, ignoring his childish tactics to get a rise out of me. 

This is going to be a fun rehearsal. 

•••••

A/N:

Hi everyone! I hope you like this chapter! What do you think the of the story so far? 

What do we think of Greyson?

Please be sure to vote and comment! I love reading what ya'll have to say!

Love you lots

A.B