Harry's Story

"Hey, could you tell me where the toilets are?" Harry asked the lady at the desk who had just handed him his contestant number. His fingers played with the edges of the plastic card as the women replied, "Yes sweetie, just go past the chairs section right there and head down the hall to the right." She pointed the way and Harry nodded, smiling in thanks, before turning away from the desk and making his way past the chairs. His eyes scanned the room filled with different talents and he got a bit nervous, wondering if he'd be able to actually win this competition. It was the X-Factor after all and he was beginning to wonder if he had that factor.

His mind ran all over the place and he wasn't paying attention when he stumbled into the bathroom, bumping into something hard on his way in. He felt himself begin to fall and the thing he bumped into groaned before tipping over as well. Harry tried to pull the person up but that only resulted in a loud thud and then both of them were on the floor, Harry on top of the other. The boy beneath him groaned again as Harry's weight fell on top of his smaller body, knocking him out of his thoughts and back into reality.

"Oops." Harry mumbled, secretly having a heart attack out of embarrassment. To his surprise the boy, who looked to be 14, replied quietly.

"Hi."

"I'm such a klutz, I'm sorry." Harry apologized, helping the boy stand up. He looked up through his obnoxiously in the way curls and adjusted his shirt awkwardly. "No, it's alright. Everyone around here seems to be a little out of it. Must be nerves." The boy smiled. "You seem quite collected yourself mate. Whats your secret? If you haven't noticed, I'm a mess." Harry laughed at himself and his smile grew at the sound of the other lad's chuckle. "Well I'm actually not here to be on the show. I had to use the toilet while my friend, Niall, checked in."

Harry nodded at the boy and smiled, making his way to the toilets. "Oh you aren't staying? Bummer. You seemed to be a genuinely good person." Harry complimented. There was a chuckle from behind him and he said, "Well I feel as though you'll be too big of a star for us to be friends. I'm a nobody and then you're..." The lad trailed off. Harry turned around with furrowed eyebrows and a subtle frown on his face. "I'm a nobody too you know?" Harry laughed and an immediate smile crept onto the smaller boys lips. "Well I'm going to have to bug you for an autograph anyway because I can sense that there's something special about you. I have a sixth sense you know."

The boy spoke in a matter of fact tone which only made Harry's smile enlarge. "Well here..." Harry grasped a piece of paper towel from its dispenser and a pen from the counter, random place for a pen but it was surprisingly useful. Harry scribbled down his first and last name, along with his number. He wrote, 'Call me and we'll stay in contact even when I'm rich.' He chuckled at his note and passed the flimsy towel to the boy. "There you go..." Harry gestured for the boy to give his name. "Louis." The lad replied sheepishly which Harry found oddly cute. "Well Louis, lets keep in touch."

"Louis, lets get going mate!" A loud, Irish accent filled the room and Louis laughed. "Okay okay, Ni. I'm coming." Louis looked back to Harry and smiled, giving the boy a hug then giggling. "Sorry I'm a huger. I've got to go but I'll hope to see you again." Louis smiled down at his shoes, the paper tucked cutely behind his back. "Well that paper will help." Harry winked then pointed to the door where a boy with blonde hair and brown streaks melted into it walked in. "I think you're being summoned." Harry laughed. Louis giggled then turned around, "Well I'll talk to you later Curly."

"Curly?"

"Yeah, suits your hair." Louis smiled before being pulled out of the room by Niall. Harry sighed and laughed to himself when he heard the door close. Suddenly his urge to pee disappeared and he left the bathroom, making his way back to the check in table where he saw his mum and sister standing. He welcomed them with a smile but behind them, before he could even say a word, his eyes caught the boy, Louis. He smiled at the sight and saw him getting in a car and rolling down the window to say bye to his friend who was standing outside the vehicle. They hugged and before he knew it, Harry saw the boy waving out the car window, the paper Harry gave him in his hand.