PC │004

【A L V I N】

"Russo, I knew you were evil but giving someone burnt muffins is literally something only Satan would do," Rowan commented, giving me a judgemental look. "You basically saw the shitty state he was in and you thought that giving him burnt muffins and dropping them in front of him would make his day better? I'm not judging you or anything, but-"

"Oh, I'm definitely judging you," Antonio snorted. "You didn't even ask him for his name. Imagine not knowing your neighbour's name for three whole years."

"Delilah and I have been living in our place for four years now and we don't even know who our neighbours are, we haven't even seen them before," Margot stated.

A day had passed since that incident with my neighbour, and I'd just finished explaining the entire ordeal to my little group of friends just to receive a ton of backlash. Mainly because I'd wholeheartedly decided to give him a tray of burnt out muffins right after seeing how messed up he was, and, I'll admit, I was in the wrong for that. I was actually planning to apologize, I just couldn't find the time to do so - or maybe it was just because I felt inferior in his presence because of how unfairly handsome he was, even with those defined eye bags. 

"It completely slipped my mind," I huffed in embarrassment, my cheeks burning up from all the negative attention I was receiving. "I'm sorry, I'll try harder next time." I hung my head in shame, just to receive a pitiful pat on the back from Margot and Delilah. However, it felt like Margot had deliberately tried to be a little harsh from the way she was practically slapping my back as if I were choking on something.

"I saw him on my way here," Delilah informed in an attempt to change the subject whilst still making it about my neighbour. She continued, chewing on the inside of her cheek out of curiosity. "He was smoking on his porch, he looked quite frustrated."

"He's been really frustrated these days," I sighed. "I don't know if something happened recently or if he's always been like this - anyway I've just started noticing all of this after he helped me get rid of that roach. I didn't even know he existed before all that."

"Next thing you know you guys are married," Rowan said with a sly grin. "You know, classic butterfly effect."

I shot them a quick look as if to warn them, and they raised their arms as if to surrender and I cracked a triumphant grin. 

"Anyway, it's getting late, shouldn't you guys be heading home by now?" I questioned, tilting my head out of curiosity upon noticing how dark it had gotten outside. 

"Actually, can we crash here for tonight?" Delilah questioned softly. "I don't think I can make it back home when it's this dark outside. I completely lost track of time. It's alright if you don't want us to stay-"

"Babe, you're rambling again," Margot snorted, stroking Delilah's hair in an attempt to calm her down. Delilah muttered a quiet apology, to which Margot simply responded with: "Don't apologize, I think it's cute."

"You guys can stay, as long as Alfredo is alright with it," I said, letting out an obnoxious yawn. 

"Alfredo? Like the sauce?" Antonio questioned - and I could have sworn I heard their stomach rumble at the mention. 

"No, you dumbass," Margot scoffed. "Remember the dude Delilah and I met at that bookstore last month? Him."

"Bookstore," Antonio chortled. "Oh, to meet your lover at a bookstore in the twenty-first century, couldn't be me."

Rowan glanced over at Antonio before nudging his side with their elbow, "Are you forgetting that we met at Home Depot?"

"Okay, nobody needed to know that," Antonio whined. "Anyway, I'm glad you guys hit it off with Alfredo. He doesn't mind being in a polyamorous relationship?"

"He doesn't," Delilah shrugged with a content grin which lit up her features. "I was shocked in the beginning too. He's such a sweetheart. Anyway, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind us staying over as long as we make it home by tomorrow afternoon."

"It's settled then, you guys can stay. What about you guys?" I questioned, raising my brows at Rowan and their lover, Antonio, who was already beginning to doze off. 

"Yeah, we'll stay too, if you don't mind," Rowan began before gagging at Antonio. "Bitch, you're drooling."

"Shut up, I can't help it, I'm tired," he complained before climbing onto my bed. "I'm taking the bed, hope you don't mind."

"That's alright. You and Rowan can go ahead and take my bed, I have a guest room anyway."

"We'll be taking that room, thank you very much," Margot proclaimed with a proud grin before grabbing Delilah by the hand and racing out of my bedroom. I simply stood there with my mouth wide open, and I looked over at Rowan and Antonio to see if I could fit in some space for myself - however the both of them were already dead asleep with their arms and legs flailing around like starfishes.

 Looks like I'll be taking the couch tonight then. 

-

A/N: I wanted to change things up a little bit here. I feel like in Thirty Days the topic was mainly focused on a teenager's struggle with mental health. Boy Next Door, despite being about a blooming romance between two individuals also somewhat focused on friendship and rejection at the same time, as well as a person's struggle with getting along with their family after coming out. Mr. Right? focused primarily on romance as well, however it also had a lot of diversity if you noticed. Here, I'm trying to include polyamorous relationships and pronouns other than 'he/him and she/her' if this bothers you in any way, I'll be asking you to leave because I'm not interested in any way, shape or form to change my mind. ALSO if you're coming from my other books then thank you for your support xoxo I hope you'll enjoy <3