Where's a reset button, when you need one? Chapter One.(Sequal to Bikini Boy)

Chapter One

Sometimes I wonder, what would my life be like if Ian stayed with me? Would I live in this house, with a man I only loved with half my heart? I don't know, I learned not to dwell on the could-haves and focus on the now. Which was being married to Caliber, and starting a family with him.  

"Knock. Knock." Melody's voice called as she opened my front door and walked inside my three-bedroom house.

"In the kitchen," I hollered. At the moment, I was cleaning the dishes and day-dreaming.  I had allowed myself an hour of day-dreaming about Ian and what could have been, but now that Melody was here I was dragged back into reality. She came in, bouncing a giggling Titan on her hip.

"What's up?" she asked, as I wiped my hands off and stole the smiling baby from her, kissing his cheeks and smell his sweet baby smell.

"The usual, cleaning the house and waiting for Caliber to get home," I said with a shrug as she followed me into the living room, her baby still in the crook of my arm. "What are you doing?"

She sighed, bit her lip, and I knew what she was going to ask. "Will you babysit the baby tonight? Hunter wants to take me on a date, and we don't go out often," she asked, and I smiled.

"Yes, I love spending time with my godson," I cooed down at him kissing his forehead which made him giggle his sweet giggle, and Melody smiled lovingly down at him.

"When are you going to have one of your own?" she asked, taking Titan from me. 

His face began to scrunch up and I knew he was about to blow up with tears. Titan loved to eat. 

I  laughed. "Uh, How about never?" I said and she laughed.

"You have to have kids. Are you guys using protection, still?" she asked, as she popped the bottle in his open mouth and he began to suck on it happily.

"Of course not, but we don't do it daily," I said. I couldn't say the word "sex." It just felt weird. "Anyway, it's kind of weird to do it when I know Kane could walk in any minute." I added, picturing Kane's usual worried face rushing inside.

"Why doesn't he go to your mom with his problems?" she asked, and I shrugged. Ever since Marty been on bed rest, her cancer was getting stronger. Kane was always over with their daughter, May, because she couldn't stand to be stuck in the house all day. So he would usually drop her off, and then go back over and sit on her bedside.

I didn't complain about being his babysitter, because he was my blood and I would do anything for my family. "We like to give them their privacy, they deserve it." I said and she just rolled her eyes.

The door burst open, and Caliber came walking in. He was wearing his work uniform and he kissed my cheek as he walked beside me. "What are you two gossiping about?" he teased and I laughed swatting his arm playfully.

"About how you two need to start multiplying," Melody joked and I blushed a deep red while Caliber just laughed his usual, good-hearted laugh and kissed me once again on the cheek. I turned around, and our lips connected and Melody pretended to gag. "Not tonight! My baby doesn't need to watch a porno," she said and we broke apart.

I just shook my head, and Caliber grinned. "I'm going to take a shower," he said and I nodded and he disappeared. 

Melody sighed, and stood up. "I better get going, Hunter will be home soon and we got to feed Titan and yadda, yadda before we go out tonight." She said and I nodded. I kissed her cheek, and gave her a quick hug.

"See you tonight," I said and she nodded. I walked her to the door, waved goodbye and when she was gone, I walked upstairs and into my room. I heard the shower on and smiled. My life was perfect...I had a loving husband, supportive family and maybe even kids, but I didn't have Ian.