||Part 1||

(This is a spinoff to Cryptid Times somewhat) Marcie stared outside while her father drove down the empty road. They finally parked at the house as she got out of the police car and ran inside. It was a long day of working on the job, she went on her phone to text her friend, Yuna.

"Dad! Can Yuna come over? Tomorrow is my birthday after all." Marcie exclaimed. Tomorrow she would turn 10. "Whatever makes you happy, Marcie." Her dad said as he pat her on the head, then proceeded to go to their small lake to fish.

She cheerfully texted Yuna that she can come, she would be there soon since it's a 12 minute drive. As she placed her phone down, she heard a knock at the door. Marcie carefully walked down the hallway and looked out the window to see an unrecognizable person.

"Hello..?" She said as she slowly peeked outside the door. "Do you honestly not recognize me?" The tomboyish voice of a girl called out from the other side, Marcie seemed to realize immediately. "ALLIE!" She shouted, opening the door and hugging her.

"Pff, you sure did miss me." Allie said to Marcie. "Mhm...hey, you dropped something!" She reached out to grab it, but Allie snatched the bag. "That's a surprise you dummy. Early birthday present since it's tomorrow." She walks inside and places it down.

"How did you find me?" Marcie said to her. "We moved out, summer vacation. Said I needed to be outside in the country more." Allie replied. "I'm glad your here." Marcie said as she smiled. Allie smiled back. They spent the last few minutes prepping for the sleepover party.

"Wonder why the bus is taking so long. Wasn't Yuna on it?" Allie said. "I-" Marcie got interrupted as her dad walked in. "We gotta get outside, now." He put on his hat. "He's one of the sherriffs?" Allie said as Marcie nodded. "Dad, what's wrong?" She said.

"There were sirens, the bus crashed."