Chapter Seven: Surprise Surprise

Assalamu Alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuhu, 

Please pray before you read this chapter. Enjoy :)

Binyamin

Holy cow. 

"I-I never said that." Yadirah choked out. 

"What's going on?" I asked, feeling anger rise to the surface of my skin.

"She called me a jerk with devil horns." A guy with acne all over his face replied. His name was Isaac. He was tall, with an exotic skin color and scary eyebrows, and also... he was a jerk. But I never exactly knew it was in my sister to insult him... or anyone in that matter. We were outside school after school ended. I gave Yadirah a look of disbelief and she gave me a helpless look but stared at the ground with a piercing glare. 

"I don't lie." She said sternly, gaining her confidence knowing I was around. "But whoever did, I'm sure that person doesn't lie either." It was at that moment he brought his fist with such force towards her face, but then he stopped. My reaction was already too late so I wasn't what stopped him from punching the daylights out of my sister. Isaac dropped his fist and stared ahead at Saifullah. Wait. Where the hell did he come from? He wasn't alone though. He was with our mother who was too busy talking on her cell phone with someone. Saifullah had a little shock to his face but mostly disappointment. "Why did you stop?" Yadirah asked, carelessly but curious. 

"Yadirah, shut up." I said in Arabic strictly and quietly. She turned to me full of anger but turned her gaze to Isaac who was beginning to turn his back on her. "Turn around." I said quietly. She did as I said and turned red in the face. 

"What are they doing here?" She asked. "Mom's here too?!" Our mother got off the phone and found us instantly. 

"Oh why Assalamu Alaykum children." Our mother said walking towards us grinning under her niqab. 

"Wa Alaykumasalaam." Yadirah and I said plainly. Shahirah greeted her as well. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked her. Not that I was embarrassed but our mother was capable of doing anything once she got our reputations in her hand. Not that I may have any. I'm just another kid in school who puts his head into the book. 

"Oh, I thought I'd just stop by to pick you guys up. Saifullah's family's at our house right now but Saifullah needed to get his transcript from school so I decided to give him a ride and pick you guys up." She said smiling under her niqab. I stared at Yadirah for a moment to see her staring at the ground and playing with the grass. "So come on, we have to go home. Get in the car. It's parked down there." My mom said pointing down the school hill. 

Yadirah

I saw Binyamin staring at me expressionless and looked down. There's nothing to be worried about. It's not like this means anything. It's just a coincident. 

"Just a coincident." I mutter to myself. 

"Everything happens for a reason, love." Shahirah says as she gives me a hug and leaves. 

"She's right." Binyamin smirks. I give him a calm look but in reality my anger was bottled up and about to explode. 

"Shut up." I hissed. I could tell Saifullah was staring at me again, but when I peaked up, I saw him looking down the hill. 

When we sat down in the car, I didn't open my mouth once and neither did anyone dare to. 

"So..." My mom spoke, "Yadirah, I'm going to be sending you to tafseer classes." But I'm already taking Seerah classes...