2. Feelings untold

The next day, Chika was leaning against a wall outside the school, inside the gardens during lunch break. She peeked from the corner of the wall, eyes attentive as she focused on Miko.

She smiled with an edge of satisfaction. "Alright! I told Miko-chan what to do... She should be alright..." she whispered to herself, patting her own back for a job well done.

Yu and Iino were chatting together now. Iino smiled slightly, and Yu seemed friendly (for Yu).

Chika unconsciously gripped the wall and frowned a bit, in concentration.

Yu and Iino then smiled slightly at each other and left together as Chika gasped and her countenace became relieved. "They hit it off...!" she cheered, her voice still a whisper.

After they disappeared from near sight, Chika stopped peeking and fell against the wall with a whew. "Oh God...! I'm so..." She was still grinning widely, but she paused for a moment for some reason.

"Happy for Miko-chan! Hehe! I'm so glad..." Now she slowly looked down, unconsciously curving her back forward and pulling her legs against her abdomen.

"I'm so glad..." Her face started contorting, upset tears resurfacing from her eyes again. She cursed herself.

"I'm so happy..." She cried quietly (thankfully there was no one else around), burying her face on her knees.

Chika was sobbing ever so silently, pretending to be asleep, when she heard a familiar voice (that she normally really, really loved, but now only horrified her).

"Huh... Fujiwara-san?"

Chika immediately looked up, and she felt like dying right on the spot, but she only grinned wider at the person in front of her; completely carefree.

"Kaguya!" she said, shocked. "She saw me?!" she thought, truly mortified but hiding it like the inner actress she was.

Then Chika chuckled as she does. "What are you doing here, Kaguya?"

Kaguya was silent, only staring at her and examining her closely. If someone hurt her friend, even if she cursed her every so often, they were going to face her wrath. "Fujiwara-san... were you crying?"

Chika only blinked. "Eh?"

"You were crying just now." Shinomiya pointed out, walking towards her with her usual expressionless face.

The girl of the black ribbon laughed. "Whaaaat? What are you talking about, Kaguya...?" she exclaimed dramatically while discretely rubbing her eyes as if she were just a bit sleepy.

Kaguya frowned at her, frustrated. "She's obviously lying..."
.
.
.

The roar coming from the student council room was so loud even the birds outside heard it and flew away in fear. "Huuuh?! Me and Ishigami-kun?! No way!"

Chika slammed her hands on the table, as if demanding an explanation for being asked such an outrageous question. "How could I possibly be in love with him?!"

Even Kaguya was starting to get a little nervous from her reaction. "I never suggested you were in love with Ishigami-kun, Fujiwara-san..."

"...Oh."

Chika crossed her arms with a knowing yet half-panicked expression. "Well, pft! Of course you didn't!" She sat down and smiled "sweetly" at her friend. "Such a thing would make no sense, would it?"

"I did suggest that perhaps there's something going on between you two, though..." Kaguya retaliated, only realizing it was a mistake when Chika's fury lit up her eyes like a fire again.