Chapter 45- Epilogue 1

I closed the door behind me as I entered the room.

I looked around the empty room in confusion. Where was he?

A deep voice interrupted my thoughts as my eyes snapped to the balcony.

There he was.

My husband.

The love of my life.

He was talking on the phone, probably on a buisness call. I rolled my eyes. This guy can't even get a break on our anniversary weekend. Well this is what being a CEO of a big company does to you.

Anniversary. 7 years of togetherness.

Has it really been that long?

I smiled as I remembered the last 7 years of our marriage. So much had happened in the past years, we had our ups and our downs together, our happiness and our miseries together, we have grown together and we have grown our family together. And our love? It has grown with every passing day.  I thought it was impossible to love a person this much but my husband clearly changed that.

I was still in my thoughts when arms around my waist startled me and someone started kissing my neck.

"What are you smiling about?" Brown eyes smiled at me.

"Us. So much has changed but it still feels like the time we were young and just started falling in love with each other." I sighed as Jake pulled me in the bed with him.

It was the same bed of the same beach house where we confessed our love to each other those years ago. Grace has passed this legacy to us after we got married. We came here every anniversary to celebrate our love, the place where it all began.

"7 freaking years Rissa. All filled with incredible memories." Jake smiled at me.

"It's been more than that. We began dating about 15 years ago." I laughed as he tickled me lightly with his kisses.

"Oh no. I am 32 and I have been stuck with the same woman since I was 18. That sucks." I slapped his chest playfully. He chuckled softly.

"Kidding. I couldn't have been more lucky." He smiled at me, those brown eyes that I loved were twinkling with genuine adoration.

"I wish I could say the same." I taunted. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"You are gonna regret saying this so much." Jake smirked as he rolled me over so that I was on my back and he was hovering over me.

He leaned in, in order to kiss me but a soft knock interrupted us. Jake groaned softly as he rolled over to his side of the bed and closed his eyes in frustration. I chuckled at his reaction.

I got up from the bed to open the door.

Small steps walked in.

"Mommy can I come in?" My three year old daughter asked politely in that cute voice of hers. She was dressed in the same pyjamas that she wore when I tucked her in and she had a soft toy in her hand.

Stella Mason was my three year old daughter. She was the exact copy of mine with the grey eyes and jet black hair. The looks were mine but she had taken over the personality after her father.

I smiled at my tiny self. "Come on in. What happened baby." I asked as Stella walked in slowly.

I left the door open behind me because I knew that someone else was gonna come in soon.

"I don't want to sleep alone." She whispered softly as if she was scared to admit it out loud.

My eyes met Jake's and we smiled softly.

Jake patted the space beside him. "Come on up little monster."

Stella giggled and raced to the bed to her father. She landed right on top of him. Jake chuckled and started tickling her. Her loud laughs filled the room. I smiled at the sight.

My smile widened when I sensed another little body entering the room slowly. Soon little hands tucked at my pyjama shorts. I looked down to see the little version of Jake tugging at my shorts.

Nate Mason was my 5 year old son. He was our miracle baby. He took after his father's looks and personality, both. The only difference was that he had my eyes.

I combed back Nate's hair. "Go on."

As if my words were all he needed to hear, he quickly jumped on the bed beside his father and sister who were busy laughing.

My perfect little family.

I closed the door behind me and joined my family on the bed after tucking our children in properly between us.

"Daddy." Stella's small voice called out.

"Yes love." Jake shifted closer to our children , his brown eyes lighting up with adoration.

"Can you tell us a story." Stella's hand shot out to play with her daddy's hair.

His eyes met mine with slight panic as if asking me what to do. I shrugged and smirked lightly at him.

They are his kids too. If they ask their dad for a story, you tell them a story.

He rolled his eyes at me before turning to Nate and Stella.

"Ok." Jake combed back Stella's hair and caressed Nate's cheek before starting his story. I bit back a smile.

Jake was such a softie when it came to his family. He never ever compromised when it came to his loved ones. He loves them with every bit he has in him and takes care of them no matter what.

Our children were our happiness, our little balls of sunshine. Whenever they walked in a room they would make it hundred times brighter and Jake's smile showed that adoration. He looked at them like his life depended on them. And it did. They were our little miracles, our breath of fresh air. They were our lives.

"So there was this princess. Princess Rissa who lived in a castle on the top of a mountain."

"Just like mommy!" Stella shrieked.

Jake nodded as his eyes met mine. "Yes just like mommy."

________________

Continue in the next part

How cute is this ahh!

Vote and comment!