Banging on Closed Doors

Banging on closed doors

Prologue

You must think highschool is the cherry cheese cake that you enter with a smile on your face and all is sweet, but half way through you’ll just want to give up because the reality of your fat ass will smack you in the face. But summer camp, is where everything happens, get banged or get broken, camp will decide who is and who isn’t.

Chapter one

The ceremonial burning of the “O” on the last night of camp Okagayas left everyone in tears; the smell of the kindling falling into embers marking another unforgettable summer quickly fades to the smell of sweat and testosterone. Its twenty minutes in and the seniors social is already gettin’ krunk. Jamie is asleep already, she said that she wanted to be at her best when her mom came tomorrow, but we all knew she’s probably reading some fantasy book.

“It’s affirmative” my friend Zoë has returned from the roaring crowd, “Ty’s with another girl. I really thought we hit it off”.

“Z, not every guy is going to fall for you” I say, she is definitely one of the prettiest girls I have ever met. She towers at a gorgeous 5’7”, she has an amazing figure, bright sea green eyes, and auburn hair that tickles just above her athletic ass, and boy does she love to flaunt it. If that’s not enough, she was valedictorian, president of every school club, and raking it in boyfriend wise.

“I don’t even understand what you see in him, he’s a jerk” he had cheated on her twice and she just kept falling back for him.

“A sexy jerk” She collapses on the couch and swipes the beer out of my hand and chugs half of it. I give her a concerning look. “Oh please, not everyone here has an over controlling mother.” This is true, my mom was over controlling however I could make a mile long list of the things that she hasn’t known I’ve done.

“Where’s Scott?” I ask and scan the crowd.

“Don’t worry you shiny prince will be here soon.” She rolls her eyes “What is it, ten years now?”

“A year and a half but you were close.”

“Well the way you two act it’s like you were born together.”

“Don’t you have some guys dick to grind I mean seriously.” She laughs and goes to for another sip of my drink and sees it’s empty.

“Going for more booz, you?” I nod and she walks off almost falling onto every guy as she passes; who, in reply, familiarizes his hand with her rump.

“Andy?” I look up to see god’s gift to intelligence, Gordon. “Wow, you look great, well for someone who spent all summer at this dump.” He smiles and places his hand on my knee. “Where’s the boyfriend?” he asks and slowly starts sliding his hand up my inner thy.

“Screw off” I brush away his hand.

“I’d rather screw you” he leans close to me and I feel an arm pull me out of the way. He looks up, “What the-“

“Hey dick-head” Scott says, he pulls me close beside him and clenches his fist. “Do we seriously want to do this again? Piss off!” he turns and carries me away from Gordon.

“I would have been fine.” I said

“He had his hands all over my girlfriend, that dude is gonna get it.”

“Maybe if you weren’t so protective we wouldn’t have this issue! He was just joking around.”

“Not today he’s not.”

“Will you stop acting so alpha male? I don’t need protection!” the second I said that I wish I hadn’t. His eyes darken and he grabs my wrist and leads me out of the auditorium and onto the porch. “Scott, no, I’m sorry I didn’t mean it like that.” He turns.

“Oh yeah? Well it sounded like you think your too good for me you little slut.”

“Scott, please no.” The muscles in his arm tense, I see the side of him that only shows when I have done something wrong. “Scott I-” His hand collides with my face sending my back into the railing. Pain spikes up the back of my neck giving me a pounding headache.

“Ohmygod, Andy, Im so sorry, ohmygod. Are you okay?” he reaches to help me up but I hit his hand away.

“Don’t touch me” I wimper. He bends down to my eye level.

“It won’t happen again, I’m so sorry.”

“No” I climb to my feet. “It will happen again, you always say your sorry, but your not.”

“Andy, I am this time I swear” he grabs my waist and pulls me in for a kiss, his strong arms hold me tight.

“You always say that” I push him away and look off the porch out to the lake, tears twinkling down my cheeks like the stars that accompany the bright moon. “I can’t keep doing this. How many times have you hit me this summer? Thirty? Forty?”

“I’m keeping you safe I-”

“Safe? Are you serious, the only danger to me is you!”

“Andy, please don’t”

“No, I’m tired of you not respecting me.” I turn around, his face is red and his sniffles.

“Andy, please” the sound of tears on his voice. “I love you too much to lose you.”

“I’m sorry Scott, I have to, I’m so sorry.” I run off the porch and down the beach.

“HOW COULD YOU? I LOVED YOU SO MUCH!” Scott yells from the porch. The tears are coming full on down my face now and I have given up on my make up. “ANDY!” I look back and he has come down the steps and is walking toward me. “You bitch, you don’t know what you’re doing! Someones going to hurt you one day, and I won’t be there to help.”

“Good, I don’t want you there!” I yell in his face. Both of us are breathing heavily with rage, tears flooding our eyes.

“I won’t be, you little slut, how could I not see this, you’re always throwing yourself at other guys, am I just a joke?”

“No, I swear, I loved you, I loved you all the way up until you hit me for the first time. I put up with it because I thought that it would get better, I thought things aalways got better. But you don’t, you ruined this relationship, not me”

“You can’t blame this on me, that’s just another one of your stupid excuses.”

“Shut up! Just shut up! I hate you!” His jaw clenches.

“You hate me?”

“I didn’t mean that I meant-”

“You meant that you hate me.” He puffes and runs his fingers through his hair, “You are fucked.” He looked up at the lodge then back at me. “Nobody breaks up with me.”

His eyes turn black when he pushes me backwards, I fall to the sand in a hump and roll to my stomach, trying to crawl away. He grabs my legs and pulls backwards. I scream for help but he covers my mouth. I bite down hard on his hand and he yelps and pulls it away

“Get off me!” I yell.

“Stop moving!” He gets annoyed and rolls his eyes. I see his elbow pull back and his fist so tight his knuckles are white. They collide with the side of my head and everything goes burry. He laughs.

“Sleep tight.” He whispers, and my eyes fade black.