Chapter 16: Aah!! I-I'm not definetly scared at all!

"He isn't dead yet Bastards!"

We suddenly come back to this situation as I quickly made the Lord drink the water slowly while calming him down.

While I was scared of having my neck being pointed by a sharp blade, I was mostly concern for the Lord who was still in a traumatic state.

The Head Guard decided to ask me why did this happen as I begin to explain that I warned the Lord about the game.

"Hmn... It does seem that what he saw was something horrifying but it might be that he hasn't been facing monsters for a long time had his skills rusted down. Hehe, I even feel like that monster looks cute compared to those horrifying monster I face down while active on duty."

".........."

While I guess that his arrogant tone does seem plausible due to creature I saw yesterday gave a oppressive feeling of helplessness. I did beat it but it was mostly due to luck and I plan on not doing the same stunt again.

But what I mostly hate was his arrogant tone his giving out like he felt like nothing on my games scares him which kinda pisses me a bit.

To be honest, Horror games are the least of my games I highly don't play as I'm easily scared of jumpscares and stuff but for him to mocked the game I'm scared, I gave a suggested smile as I decided to play a prank on this guy.

While I agree on his arrogant part, I'm not really the type to hold grudges for long and would plan on settling this peacefully. So I decided to let him test out the most famous horror game which scares most of the gamers while playing it.

"Then, since the Lord is currently unable to continue to test out the functions of the VR system, would you like to test it out yourself? Especially on a game my friend that said to be the scariest game he made?"

"Hoho? What would that be?"

When his arrogance was being tested unto him, he turns to me in a slight sneer as I told him the game 'Outlast'.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

Outlast, a game which has an occult following that praises the game to be the scariest as of now. While PT would have contested on that spot, it was canceled by the company and Outlast reign champion in being the scariest game on the market.

There are also other games trying to break the formula of Outlast but none beats the game itself to be the divining force of horror game.

The Lord has seen to have calmed down but was still unconscious so we decided to place him in a corner and let him rest while the attendant monitors him. I begin to tell Ferin(Head Guard) on how the VR system works as he understand how it works and entered the VR world of Outlast.

He was then woke up in a harrowing place in an entrance of a mansion. He was then connected to his character, Miles Upshur, a journalist who was investigating the mystery of Mount Massive Asylum and the wave of information slowly fill him in as he began to understand why the character went to this place.

"There was a mysterious case of crazy F***ers getting inhumane experiments and I'm here to solve this case. This is interesting and no wonder why the Lord's attendant said that it would please the Lord. This game Mr. Len had said would actually get the attention of Lord Witsher. But why do I feel scared of just trying to enter this place?"

Ferin wonders why his body was shaking when the AI in the game slowly began to explain his weird behavior.

He was playing as a weak character with no fighting strength that his only goal here was getting evidence on his cam corder and leave. Ferin began to understand how this game works as he slowly begins his way to the mansion.

Then, the Lord suddenly woke up as the attendant checks if he's okay and all of us turned from Ferin to the Lord.

"Mr. Len. While I regretfully apologize for not following your instructions earlier, I can't help but be curious as to the game and ignore your warnings. But, I actually felt a bit good and exciting since it was actually a nice experience playing in a Simulated world your friend created and the magic crystal was quite worth its price if you play the game. I highly recommend your Internet cafe to my other friends once I leave the store!"

Hearing the Lord suddenly praise the VR game, I felt a bit glad that he appreciates it and would even recommend it to his friends. Which makes my buisiness flourish if the big shots were to come to my store.

"Aah!! I-I'm not definetly scared at all!"

We all return our backs to see Ferin to be scared at the sight of a dead body suddenly swing as he opens the door.