Chapter 8:'Sink or swim...more like die or marry the king of vampires.'

"So...how was Mariana as a child?"

Grandmere nearly drops the kettle of tea she sets near the fire out of shock.

"She was very....spoiled,selfish,and...basically walked all over her father if she didn't get her way." whispers Grandmere taking a seat on a wooden stool.

"And thats where the trouble started."

She nods confirming my theory."One day...she met a vampire boy,and was willing to turn to spend the rest of her life to be with him.." my eyebrows raise.

"But,I thought that Grandpa was a vampire?" Grandmere shakes her head."She wanted you to believe that..now let me continue my story." says Grandmere firmly.

I roll my eyes but continue to listen."He refused to turn her,so she found another vampire and paid her to turn her...and once she was turned,she came home just in time to hear her little sisters news..."

I had an aunt? I mean...Mariana isn't my mother but anyone else related to Grandmere i consider my family still."Farrah was pregnant and planned to marry the father....the vampire your mother was in love with.."

I gasp at this,heartbreaker gets her heartbroken?

"Out of pure fury,she snapped her sisters neck and killed her along with the unborn child,and then went into the nextroom and killed her own father whom was already dying anyway..she deemed him useless."

"B-but she kept you." the question comes out more of a statement.Grandmere nods "She decided since I always compared her to her unfaithful,manipulative,selfish,and cruel father that I should spend eternity as an old hag and forever greieve my husband."

Silence falls over the room...poor Grandmere..."Is there a way you could be turned human again?" I whisper.

Grandmere shakes her head."No..and by God,Magnolia I have tried..nothing works." she murmurs.

I sigh and bite my lip...why didn't she ever tell me this? we could have ran away alot sooner."Get some rest,child..you've had a long day."

I look out the window and the once sunny sky is now dark...Has it been that long? where is Myra and Luka?

Instead of protesting,I leap onto the massive quilted cot and rest.

DREAM

"Hello,my traitor."

Mariana's cold voice causes me to cringe.I look down at what im wearing...its my normal attire.

"I'm just here to warn you about something." she says with her arms crossed and a smug smirk,

I sigh "What is it?"

"When we find you,I have made a deal with Vladimir to make you his next bride...."

That was basically a death sentence."YOU DO REALIZE WHAT HE DOES TO ALL OF HIS WIVES,RIGHT?" I gasp.She laughs and shakes her head

"Oh darling,I may be harsh but I would never murder my own blood." I laugh at that."I'm not your blood." she nods with a slight shrug.

"You think that..but you and I are both related by blood..somehow,just ask that old hag your with..she knows more then she's probably telling you."

My eyebrows raise.Grandmere is the only truly honest person I have known all my life...she couldn't be lying to me..could she?

"How are we related?" I murmur.She shakes her head "Its not gonna be THAT easy to find out,hon...And just know,me and your Fiancee are closer to finding out your location then you know."

I smirk."Bring it on,Mariana..oh,and I know about your sister and your old-boy-toy."

Her confident smile fades and is replaced by a dagger-like glare."That sucks...Pun Intended." she tries to lunge at me but I sprint back a few feet.

"What happened to never murdering your own blood?" I ask.She gets up and brushes off the dress she's wearing with a smirk.

"It got boring."

She attempts to lunge at me again but I lunge at her first."Even if you do find me..how the hell are you gonna get me to go with you?" 

She shrugs with an amused grimace "I could...drug you,tie you up,threaten to kill Grandmere..." she counts all these ways on her fingers.

"Or,you could just be a goodgirl and agree to what I say and there will be no need for force or threats."

"Oh darling." I mimic her."We're way past that,Mariana." the last thing I see in my dream is her scowling face and the words 'GAME ON.' painted in red on a black wall.

 I awaken from my dream and notice Grandmere sleeping soundly on a chair beside the fireplace...could Grandmere be lying?

At this point its sink or swim...

More like,die or marry the king of vampires.

I bite my lip and pick up a piece of paper and quill..

Dearest Grandmere,

I have just had a dream..where Mariana came to me and says that you know more then you let on..

At this point I cannot trust anyone related to Mariana...

Not even you...

I'm so sorry,you could be innocent but I am not sure...

I will love you forever,

Magnolia.

I finish the letter and place it on the table.Grabbing my redhood,I rush out the door.

Its been--I don't know how long,and my party dress is still on me dirty,itchy,and torn all over...unless they have a seamtress in the middle of the woods im stuck with it.

What about waiting for Luka and Myra?

Its been a day...they still haven't returned and probably are already dead,or about to become dead.

Like Luka said,

FLASHBACK,

"Why are they even attacking?" I ask gripping onto her back tightly."And,what about sticking with your pack?"

I stuck with my pack when your kind killed them...and i almost died along with Myra,I am sure as heck not making that mistake again.

END OF FLASHBACK

If I stick it out here with Grandmere (Who at this point I can't trust) I could die and have a slight chance of getting saved by them...

Or I can run like a maniac and hope to find them...or another pack.

Yeah,option 2 is golden.

2 HOURS LATER,

I feel a strong sense of Deja Vu as I run through the woods once again,

I am running away once again.

But this time,

I am running to nothing.

I could die,

I could live,

It all depends on me,

Vladimir,

Myra,

Luka,

Mariana,

Grandmere,

And...the woods.

************************************

MORE SOON!

BYE

-MADIANDUNO