Chapter Forty-Three

They landed together in a large heap, hitting solid stone beneath them. Those on the bottom groaned in pain as they waited for everyone else to get up off of them. Julius, already standing, sighed as he looked around him.

"Well, at least it brought us to my building. That'll make things easier."

Sure enough, the other mages recognized the building they were on the courtyard outside of was in fact the one where the Wizard King's office resided. They let out breaths they hadn't realized they were holding.

"Finral... where are we?" A tiny voice said, fear clearly present.

The spatial mage's head whipped around as he took in the sight of a terrified Eri, still sitting on the ground hugging herself. The man ran over to her, taking the child into a tight hug as he ran a hand through her hair.

"Hey, it's okay Eri. This is the capital of our country. Remember how Vanessa and I told you about it?" Finral smiled at the young girl, trying to hide his worry at her having been brought along.

"Yeah, we told you some fun stories about this place." The witch chimed in, having squatted down next to the two.

"But... how come Aizawa didn't come with us?" Eri's eyes shined with tears, and before the mages could respond a few more people answered for her.

"We're just visiting, but I'm sure they'll come join us soon enough." Midoriya answered, Kirishima and Uraraka rapidly nodding in agreement next to him. As the little group gained their bearings, a few feet over the rest of the mages and students were trying to sort things out.

"Tch, can't believe we had to be dragged into this mess." Bakugou muttered, but Asta waved him off.

"You're in good hands here! At least you're with people you know, unlike when we came crashing in on you guys!"

"It seems as though we were the only U.A. residents to be transferred." Iida scanned the area, making sure he wasn't missing anyone.

Asui leaned onto Mimosa, favoring her right leg as she landed on it weirdly when she was caught under Magna and Luck in the fall. "Like Asta said, it's better we came with you guys, ribbit."

"True..." Noelle murmured, dusting off her clothes. "It is nice to be home, but it's a shame you guys came with us."

"We'll figure something out." Yami chimed in, having already lit a cigarette. Yuno stood behind him, trying to straighten out his hair (to no avail).

"Alright everyone!" Julius said loudly, causing the students and mages to come closer to the man. "Let's head inside. From there we can figure out what to do-"

"JULIUS!!!"

Everyone immediately turned around at the sound of the panicked cry. They saw a blue-haired man running straight for them, and as he came closer they realized he was crying.

"YOU IDIOT!" He screamed as he crashed into the Wizard King, grasping onto the man's robe. "YOU CAN'T JUST DISAPPEAR LIKE THAT AND LEAVE ME ALONE! I-I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!" Through his anger and tears there was also the presence of raw fear and relief.

Julius looked down at his aid, holding the younger man tightly. "I'm sorry, Marx. But I would do it again if it meant finding those I care about and protecting the rest of you."

"I know... you're such a selfless idiot... one of these days it's going to get you killed..." Marx's sobs had calmed down, and with a furious blush after realizing the position he was in, he backed up rapidly, trying to center himself. "A-Anyways, you haven't been gone that long in reality so everyone is still gathered in your office. Although, I probably didn't leave them in the best way possible..."