9

The rest of her birthday, Danny just stayed in the confides of her shitty apartment, counted her disappointments of the day, and chalked it up to another terrible birthday.

Instead of trying to make it better (it would have also probably ended in disaster) she smothered her emotions in a can of whipped cream. The girl sprayed it directly into her mouth while watching CSI, which ultimately reminded her of Spencer. She fell asleep after only three episodes.

-

The next day couldn't be worst, she surmised. So she walked into the college with half confidence. After all, it was another day of Mr. Charles class. Which means she will probably see Spence, which also means she will be sitting in the back.

Her sweet tea sat on the corner of her desk, a little pick-me-up, and her notes right in the center. She is going to focus today. Not on Spencer and his veiny arms, but on the lesson to be taught. Knowledge is what she came to college for, not to find guys. She reminds herself that Spencer is off limits anyway, too much embarrassment happened in front of him. It's a lost cause.

He struts into the class room with all the grace of a baby lamb, yet Danny still thinks he's the cutest guy she's ever seen. His brief case looks extra full and she knows he's going to give a great presentation today. Just don't look him in the eyes.

Her face tilts to her notes as his words start and she struggles not to look up. Her pen works hard to keep up with him, but it's a good distraction to be focusing on her letters, than on the man himself.

The hour ticks by and when he's done speaking, Mr. Charles takes over as usual. Only then does Danny find the nerve to take her eyes off her paper and onto the front of the room. Mr. Charles' black shirt is easier to look at than the checkered sweater of a tall man.

Oh no, she looked. Of course she did. She had to see what he was wearing. And once again, he didn't disappoint. Nerdy yet stylish. It was hard to not find him so attractive. The worst part, he is looking back. The back of his curly head facing the front, his eyes dead on Danny. The opposite was of how he was supposed to be sitting. Is he going to stare all class?

Danny heats up in her seat. The incident of yesterday flashing through her mind. She ducks down like a turtle. Thankfully he isn't looking anymore. It was too unnerving.

-

The raspy voice of the professor finishes and Danny is relieved to be leaving the confines of the seat, and the classroom. It's too much to be sitting in the presence of an intellectual genius and know you made a complete fool out of yourself.

She packs up quickly, her head bowed to see the inside of her backpack and the order of her notebooks. She counts out four and slides her notes inside. Blindly, her hand shouts up to reach for her pencil and like the klutz she is, knocks the opened tea. Her eyes dart to see the cup spin slowly in a circle, and like slow motion, starts to tip to the side. Yet, before another disaster strikes, a hand saves the day. A hand that she knows belongs to only one person. She admits at this point that she definitely has something with his hands.

"You really need to be more careful. You know, being excessively clumsy can sometimes be linked with errors in coordination. Do you wear glasses?"

And just like that, Spencer insulted Danny and made her feel better all in one small speech.

"No I don't wear glasses," she looks up to him sheepishly.

He makes a small noise of confusion and seems to drop the subject. Thankfully giving Danny's face a break from all the blood accumulation.

"I'm assuming you didn't get to have cake yesterday," damn why did he have to mention the cake, Danny's mind screams, "so I wanted to say happy birthday," he pulls out a small cupcake in plastic so it didn't get smashed in his messenger bag. That explains why it looked so full. The sizable dent was a cupcake with lavender icing and yellow heart sprinkles. The cutest she has ever seen.

She looks up in utter astonishment. THE Spencer Reid has bought her something for her birthday. It's one of the best gifts she has gotten for a while now. Recently, she only buys her own.

"Thank you, but you didn't have to buy me anything," she shyly accepts the cupcake. Taking it from his hand firmly so she doesn't drop it, again.

"I wanted to," he chuckles a little. "After what happened to the last one," he said quietly. "How did your birthday go?"

"Great," Danny lies. But Spencer can see through her expression. Yet doesn't say anything. She does though seem genuinely happy about the small cake.

Spencer turns on his foot slowly, seemingly reluctant to leave. "I have to go now, but I hope you enjoy the cupcake. Happy birthday, Danny."

"Thank you, Spence," is her happy reply. The girl smiles down at the beautiful gift from her idol and crush.

She wonders when Spencer's birthday is.