Eight

❖ ❖ ❖ ❖

❖ ❖ ❖ ❖

The sandlot kids were in the middle of a game, it was very intense, with Benny dashing to all the bases, while everyone else was against him, shouting and screaming to get him out.

Jordan was cheering for her best friend on the sidelines, with a coke cola bottle in her hand.

She was dripped in sweat, from running all the bases like a total manic, a round ago, and was still completely filled with adrenaline.

"Pickle!" Ham shouts, as they try to ram Benny to stay between 3rd base and home plate.

All the kids cheer on for DeNunez and Yeah-Yeah, who went back and forward to try and get him out.

After a quick few times of monkey and the middle, Benny darts to home plate, as soon as the baseball was thrown to Yeah-Yeah, who was at 3rd base.

As soon as the Rodriguez boy stepped onto home plate, the whole sandlot team, except Jordan, groaned out of frustration, thinking they would actually get him this time.

The blonde girl chuckles to her friends, while walking over to Benny.

"Nicely done, Benjamin."

The hispanic boy didn't reply in a witty comment, like typically. They both high-five, before Benny pulls Jordan close to his side, with his arm around her waist.

Ever since the fourth of July, they haven't really put a label on their relationship.
They weren't a couple but they sure as hell weren't friends.

Everyone in the sandlot knew that the two would get together; it would only be at a matter of time.

"Oh, no!"

But that all had to be put on pause for a second.

Everyone turns their attention to Squints, who spotted Phillips and his baseball team - the Tigers - ride their bikes toward them.

"Fucking hell," Jordan mutters to herself, grabbing a strong hold on her bat, which was on the ground.

Ham had a snake-eyed death glare on Phillips, who he hated with passion, just like most of the sandlot.

All the kids slammed their gloves onto the ground, while following Ham, walking to the biked enemies, ready to either smack talk them or physically fight them.
Benny also followed the Watts girls lead and grabbed a bat from the ground, too.