Chapter 4 - True side?

Song: Messed up world - The pretty reckless

Project Mendoza

Chapter 4 - True side?

"WHAT!" Dario bellowed taking Harry into his arms and checking all all around him.

"How could be so careless and mention your name in this neighbourhood! I don want people thinking the Mendozas are in town to rob a bank or something! There'll think I helped!"

Artis knew that her brother had spent months sending in letter after letter asking to be aloud into a gated community to live wi his family.

"how was I supposed to know lopez would be there." Artis sighed. She hated arguing with her brother.

''Ugh. im going out for a bit! tell Demelza to put Harry to be and that i won't be back till late.'' Dario spat putting down the small child.

''Grow up Dario! You seem to forget that although i am a girl and your little sister, I'm not weak.'' Artis felt her self shake with anger. She hated the fact that she felt like she had to prove herself all the time.

''And you seem to forget that your position belongs to me!'

''That position no longer belonged to you the day you declined our fathers wish!'' Dario stepped infront of her in two strides and grabbed hold of her neck lifting Artis in the air.

''listen here and listen good. When the safety of my child is in danger, i will do everything in my power to ensure that kid has a safe future. Declining that position was one of the ways of ensuring my sons safety!'' he dropped Artis and left the room slamming the door.

Artis dropped the floor holding her neck gasping for air. Out of all the things her brother had done to her in the past, she always hated when he cut off her air supply. Artis had a fear of not being able to breathe the day her father thought it would be valuable training to be able to hold your breathe.

(12 years ago)

''Artis can you come here for me'' she heard her father ask. pacing up the kitchen she found Both her father and her brother. Artis always envied her brother. He always got his fathers attention since he was next in line for the business.

''Yes dad?'' Artis asked. It was rare that her father ever payed attention to her.

'' Would you like to join your brother in this session?'' he asked smirking at his daughter.

''WHAT!'' Dario shouted as Artis's eyes lit up with joy. This was her chance to prove to her father that she could keep up with the boys.

''Quiten down Dario!'' their father shushed.

'' Now in this session i will be teaching you how to hold your breathe. This is a valuable skill as there will be times when you enemy will try and cut off your air supply and suffocate you.'' He admitted.

''Dario, come here.'' The boy followed his fathers instructions and came by his side.

''Put your head under!'' He asked pointing to the bucket of water.

Artis stared in dissbelief at how her brother didnt question her fathers orders. Dario put his head into the water and felt his fathers hand pushing his head down even further.

''Dario i want you to stay under a minute! You do that and i'll reward you son.'' Dario nodded his head silently counting to 60.

A minute flew by and soon it was Artis's turn to put her head in the water.

''Come here hunny.'' Artis gulped and shuffled towards her father. Oh how she wanted to prove her self and make her father proud of her for once.

''Can you do what your brother did for me? If you do i'll reward you too.'' he asked raising a brow.

Artis nodded eagerly. She took a big breathe of air and put her head into the bucket. She felt her fathers hand roughly hold her under. She decided she didn't want to participate anymore, She wanted to get out and run into her mothers arms.

''Let me out!'' she attempted to say but only got a mouth full of water. she bashed her head against the bucket hoping her father would realise she wanted to come up. That only made it worse, Her father held er down harder than before. Artis felt her vision invade with black dots.

She felt herself be lifted up out of the water by her mother who held a worried expression on her face. Artis felt her head be wrested on her mothers lap.

''HOW COULD YOU BE SO RECKLESS! COULDN'T YOU SEE SHE WAS STRUGGLING!''

Artis saw her father in the corner of the room standing next to Dario smirking.

''She was the one who wanted to train with us!'' He defended.

''To gain her fathers love and approval! Im going to take her to the hospital to see if there is anything wrong! You better pray there isn't!''

Artis felt her self be lifted up by her mother and put into the family car.

''Its okay sweetheart, you're okay now.'' she heard her mother say before she entered a deep sleep.

Holy Crap ;o Sorry if it was a little graphic.

Anyway next chapter in a couple of days maybe

-Beth