Chapter 5- Phoebe?

Scarlett's P.O.V ~

I continue to run until I reach a corner, out of breath I lean against the wall and my limp body slides down into a huddled position. I'm really out of shape...

What have I done!!! My hands are trembling as if I would break into tears, but I don't want to cry, a part of me wants to smile? But I'm so shaken up my face just can't do it... I don't know if I'm in shock or in...

No I am not in 'love' with a stupid guy I just met. he probably thinks I'm a freak anyway, running of like that and murmuring about random people out loud... I DON'T CARE ANYWAY, I tell myself as my head drops into my hands. What am I going to tell Roland?

"Scarlett?! Is that you?"

Damn the boy is back... What was his name again? Oh yeah . Felix. NOT THAT I CARE...

"Go away Felix we can't talk."
I look up to give him a dirty look but I'm not staring up into the eyes of him, I'm staring at Phoebe. The owner of the magic shop. Well isn't this brilliant.
Without thinking I stand and go to run, this can't be happening today!!!

"Scarlett?! Scarlet wait!" She grabs my arm and pulls me back to the wall, "I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD SCARLETT WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!" She releases her grip on my arm as it turns into a hug. Now I'm crying.
I'm frozen. I don't know how to explain to Phoebe, she was the only one left that I loved in this town and I ran from her without warning,

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry Phoebe!! It's a long story I should've told you I was planning to leave, I just - I knew you would've stopped me!! It's a long story!!!" I cry as she grips me tighter.

"When you stopped coming into the shop for a while, I thought it was maybe because one of the spells I have you worked, but days turned into weeks and I got worried, I knew I was the only person you had to look out for you and so I went to your house."

Wait... Phoebe visited my parents? I pull away from the embrace and look her in the eyes listening intensely,

" There was no answer. I thought they'd done something mental like locked you in a basement or something , or... Anyway I tried almost everyday and there was never any answer, so that's when I called the police. They came a couple of times to try and get someone to come out of the house and then after a month or so, they broke in. That's when..."

"WHAT PHOEBE WHAT WERE THEY...Dead?" My parents were always drunk, but deep down i still loved them, thought everything. I dread the answer that is hanging on Phoebe's lips.

"No, they were just gone, and I thought they'd taken you too. They searched and searched the house thinking maybe they'd died inside, but there was no trace of any of you, so they assumed you'd just moved away, but I knew that wasn't the case, I assumed you would've told me, so, I expected the worst..."

This is killing me inside. I met Phoebe when I was 13, I went into her shop one day after school after reading a book on spells, at first I thought they would have no use to me, but the more I read the idea dawned on me that maybe, just maybe, I could make my parents give up drinking, using a spell.
At first I wouldn't talk to Phoebe and she would ignore me, assuming I was looking for 'vampire books' or something childish like that, but it had gotten to the point where I was in her shop every day looking, and she got suspicious, especially when I asked to if she had a book of shadows... She got annoyed at the idea but when she discovered my reasons for wanting it, she began to help me , bit by bit we got closer , day by day she would help me, as became like an aunt to me, the protection i'd never had. She had lost a younger sister, Alice, and I basically didn't have parents, so we sort of helped each other. She always encouraged me to be myself, to try magic and to see the true values of living. A few years passed however and no magic was working, I just wasn't strong enough and only Alice could to real magic, not Phoebe.
Home began to get too much, and Phoebe could tell. I couldn't of survived those 3 years of my life without Phoebe, but I knew how ever much I cared for her , it was because of that reason I couldn't tell her I was going.

I explain everything to Phoebe as we walk to her house, she has black hair and is always wearing eyeliner, I think her style rubbed off on me a bit! I tell her about Roland and how I've been living, how much I've missed her being there for me, I don't mention Felix though, didn't seem important.

"I wish you would've just sent me a letter or something, just letting me know you were safe..."

"I couldn't risk it, I knew you'd come looking for me, I mean you've been looking for Alice for years!" I say as we arrive at her door.

"Well the searching paid off." She says twisting the key in the lock.

"Wait what do you mean?" I reply as we step inside, and there standing in front of me for the first time, is Phoebes real sister Alice.
I can't help but feel a swarm of jealousy taking over me, I was here for Phoebe when she wasn't, how can she be so smug? Then I remember I left Phoebe too...But that's not all I feel, it's something more, like she's compressing my head, I start to feel dizzy.
"Nice to finally meet you Scarlett! I'm Alice, Phoebe's been worried about you for months!"

I go to shake her hand but instead it hits the floor as I faint into a world of darkness...

"Scarlett? Scarlett! Can you hear me Scarlett? Alice get some water and a towel!" Phoebe shouts as I awaken on their sofa, my eyes are still shut but I can hear what's happening, when the damp towel is placed upon my forehead my eyelids flutter and I'm awake.

"Phoebe! I'm sorry I don't know what happened." I mumble as she takes a sigh of relief.

"Do t worry about it, it's been a stressful day for you bumping into me after a whole year! I expect any human encounter might shake you up after such a long time!"

Felix pops back into your head, he should've shaken you up more than he did, but in a weird way, you're glad you met him, but I don't want to see him again, I said too much. I think to myself as someone rings the doorbell and Phoebe goes to answer it.

I sit up and Alice comes to sit beside me, "Sorry about earlier, nice to finally meet you I'm Scarlett." I say extending my hand once more , but she goes in for a hug instead, surprised I embrace her, but as she pulls back her nail gets caught to one of my hairs and its yanked from my head, "Ouch!" You say out of instinct, then regret it, it was an accident.

"Oh Scarlett! I'm so sorry!" She says touching my forehead, "hmm you've got a nasty sweat, want me to drive you home? Where do you live now?"

I go to tell her my story when I'm stopped as I hear a familiar voice talking to Phoebe, she comes into the lounge followed by a group of 5 boys, one being pushed in a wheelchair, by no one other than Felix.
"S***" I say under my breath as his eyes lock with mine, I can't look away...
"Scarlett? What are you doing here?"
I don't know what to say, what has the world got against me today?!

"I could ask you the same, Felix."

He smiles at the repetition of our conversations, and I can't stop my self, how ever hard I try, of smiling back at him.

--//::/---//---:-:///-:---/--::-/
Writers message-

Hey! Thank you so much for reading our fanfic, I really hope you like it and are looking forward to new updates, I low this chapter is a bit lengthy and nothing much happens with Felix and the boys, but the story needed explaining! It's about to get interesting so stay tuned!

Also follow us on Twitter dm me for the account , we follow back!

And lay off the Vampire books...