45

* this is a long chapter oops, hope that's ok with you guys lol, also updates might not take longer necessarily, they're probably just gonna be pretty irregular, idk all you need to know is yes! I'm still updating  lolll

After about a 3 day trip we finally make it back to L.A. We're meant to go back to work next Monday, which gives us a few days to relax and enjoy the last of our time off. The sun is setting and we're just about an hour out from my apartment. I lean my head against the window, exhausted from all the driving we've done these past few days.

"Feels nice to be back," shane says, and I nod. I definitely missed California a little more than I honestly expected to.

"So," he continues, "we're going back to the office Monday and all... I was just thinking, I dunno, well I guess we should... y'know" he searches for the right words. I sit up and turn in my seat to look at him. Obviously this is going to be something a little more serious.

"How do you feel about telling Ryan?" he finally asks, I take a deep breath and look out the front windows at the cars passing next to us.

"I don't know..." I say honestly. Shane nods.

"I- we don't have to, but I would like to tell him sooner rather than later," shane explains, I keep my eyes on the road in front of us even though shane keeps glancing towards me from the drivers seat.

"He definitely has a feeling that something is going on Soph... he's not quiet as oblivious as he seems,"

"I know," I say, sounding a little more irritated than I mean to, shane furrows his eyebrows.

"You don't want to tell him?" He asks, I chew on my lip. The answer to that question is "no of course I don't want to tell him, what if you break up with me in a month and then not only will I be out of a job, I'll lose my best friends and I'll be totally fucked and have no clue what to do next, but if we don't tell anyone we can always act like nothing happened and maybe we'll be sort of ok" but of course i don't say that...

"I'm-" Is all I say instead and i end up having nowhere to go with the sentence, "it's just..."

"It's ok," he says, I frown,
"Shane-"
"we can wait..." he says, even though this is the conclusion I hoped we would come to I'm not exactly thrilled about the way we got here. It's pretty clear that shane is disappointed and maybe even a little offended.

We sit in silence for a couple minutes and I watch the sun sink lower and lower over the horizon.

"You know our three month anniversary is this week..." he says.

"Yeah I know" I say, I actually didn't know that I think, but decide it's better not to mention that.

"I know you're not that into the milestones," he laughs,

"Well three months isn't a big one," I say before realizing that's kindaaaa rude, Shane nods silently. Great Sophie, yuck it up! You idiot!

"But we should still do something!" I say, trying to go for the save, Shane cracks a smile and then bursts out laughing.

"What?" I ask, he shakes his head.

"I swear I can read your mind Soph," he says still laughing, "relax! I'm not upset really. We've just spent almost 60 hours in the car together these past two weeks, it's completely understandable to fumble here and there," he says and I smirk. He definitely knows me too well.

"We should do something though, i mean it" I say, taking his free hand. He smiles,

"Ok, yeah we'll figure something out," he nods. We sit quietly for a moment,