twenty five

Stella's POV

I awoke to the bright light shining through my sheer white curtains, and felt the presence of Spencer to my left. I run my eyes and check the clock.

9:23 am.

My eyes grow wide and I immediately check my phone. 3 missed calls from Hotch, 2 from Garcia, and 5 texts from Morgan.

Work started at 8.

I quickly turn around and shake Spencer. "Spencer, I forgot to set an alarm. It's 9:23."

Spencer opens his eyes slowly and then looks at the clock. His face grows panicked and he practically jumps out of bed and gets dressed. I follow in suit and run into my closet and quickly throw on dress pants, a blouse and some flats.

I walk out of my closet to Spencer rapidly brushing his teeth and fixing his hair. I run a hairbrush through my own hair and brush my teeth, and then grab my purse.

"Are we going together?" Spencer asks.

"Two cars would take too long. I can just take you back here after work to get your car." I offer.

"Alright, sounds good. Let's go." I nod, and we race out the door and down to the parking lot and I hop in the drivers seat.

On the way there, it involves me slightly speeding and weaving in between lanes, passing people who have the audacity to go under the speed limit.

"Stella, we are already late. You don't need to get a speeding ticket." Spencer stated, patting my thigh.

I let out a sigh. "I know, I just don't want to be any later than we already are. We are only five minutes away."

Spencer nodded at my response and took his hand away from my leg and rested it in his lap. I loosened my knuckles on the steering wheel as I saw the sign directing me to the parking lot of our building.

-

"Alright, get ready to be bombarded with questions." I mumble as the elevator doors open, and Spencer and I walk out and open the tall glass doors.

As soon as the sound of our shoes hitting the floor echo loud enough for everyone in the bullpen to hear, Derek and Emily immediately look up to see Spencer and I speed walking to our desks.

Derek dropped his pen and turned to me and Spencer as we sat down at our desks, which just happened to face each other.

"Did you two finally do it?"

I felt my cheeks grow red and before I can respond, Spencer speaks up. "No, we didn't. We were both having a rough night so I came over and we watched a movie and then fell asleep. We forgot to set an alarm."

I give him a confused look and he just turns to me with wide eyes, telling me to go with it.

Derek raises his eyebrows and then turns to me. "Stella, can you confirm?"

I look up and him and nod my head quickly, and then turn to the computer on my desk and login. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Derek turning back to his own desk and grabbing a file out of the stack.

When Spencer said that, I felt my heart drop into my stomach. I mean, this has been going on for over a year, basically. We've never walked into work together, but is he ashamed of me? Is he afraid to make things official?

I look away from my computer and at Spencer who is running his finger down a file, not paying attention to any of the commotion filling the bullpen.

I sigh and turn back towards my work. I try to read what I have in front of me, but it's like my mind all of a sudden can't comprehend what I'm reading. My mind is full of thoughts, specifically Spencer.